Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 29-30 storm.

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12Z GFS ensemble mean looks good.

it looks ok?...I'm not sure it makes sense to use the GFS mean so close to an event.....People like the SREF better as it is designed for this purpose, but after last winter and this last event, I don't know how anyone can take the NAM or anything related to it seriously...It is for entertainment purposes only

it looks ok?...I'm not sure it makes sense to use the GFS mean so close to an event.....People like the SREF better as it is designed for this purpose, but after last winter and this last event, I don't know how anyone can take the NAM or anything related to it seriously...It is for entertainment purposes only

SREF is pretty good overall IMO. I use it more than the NAM for svr etc. not sure on snow but its supposedly the future of forecasting.

Well our future shows .5 QPF on the mean, and some indiv members are good.

The Boxing Day storm left a bad taste but that was a tough storm for guidance. I'd give it some weight if its good. I haven't looked at anything other than this thread in a few days.

The Boxing Day storm left a bad taste but that was a tough storm for guidance. I'd give it some weight if its good. I haven't looked at anything other than this thread in a few days.

It was a painful shot to the gut, but overall it has had its good times as well. The BD 2010 storm was a really tough one for the models as a whole, its easy to see the dips in verification scores with that one on the grids, so I mean I pay attention to the SREF. When the NMB on ewall has a nice storm, there's a storm coming (they never show anything).

Archived