• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Preliminary Hearings(Probable Arraignment Tomorrow) - December 31st-January 1st 2013 threat

The_Global_Warmer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing that this will be a weak wave with little moisture to work with after the midweek system rolls through. Should freshen up the snowpack for someone in the subforum.

12z ECM really tries for something major... but it's just a little too late, ends up being a strong storm over Massachusetts at 168hr

A possible New Year's Eve event for someone, it would appear.

I like that Wunderground snow map, not a bad bit of snow, if it verified.

Dec 31st 1998/Jan 1st 1999, anyone? That would be too cool if that happened again. Give me that storm, and good solid cold up until. oh, Jan 25th, and I don't care what happens after that. This one isn't in the same league, but I can dream, can't I?

Looks like some light to occasionally moderate snow is likely in a west-east swath from the Central/Northern Plains into the Great Lakes Friday into Saturday. The dates could be changed, but this might be a borderline low-end advisory if moisture is upped in the coming days. Right now a general 1-2" is likely in the areas I outlined, though it looks like a 120-180 mile area from north to south.

Looks like some light to occasionally moderate snow is likely in a west-east swath from the Central/Northern Plains into the Great Lakes Friday into Saturday. The dates could be changed, but this might be a borderline low-end advisory if moisture is upped in the coming days. Right now a general 1-2" is likely in the areas I outlined, though it looks like a 120-180 mile area from north to south.

I'd be surprised if they issue an advisory. This should be a long duration light snow event that shouldn't affect travel too much.

I'd be surprised if they issue an advisory. This should be a long duration light snow event that shouldn't affect travel too much.

I agree that the long duration aspect will play a part, and be a negative factor in the decision of any headlines, that was just if things change and moisture increases. That has been the trend in the last day or two, if anything (besides the Euro, which is steadfast with no snow).

ok, so I'm zipping thru the surface maps for this storm and noticed there is an initial overrunning that streaks out along the progressing boundary through the midwest fading east. Then the low gets going and starts to head northeast but ends up getting crushed. The situation reminded me of PDII where we had that first hit of snow out of the sw all the way back to IA, and then the storm got going and came up 24 hrs later and gave us round 2.

So for shizzle and giggles I decided to compare the 500h maps.

post-622-0-61907300-1356743225_thumb.jpg

Yep, Skilling likes this one!

This should be the storm for the slice of the subforum that hasn't seen 2 or 3 storms already!

Frankly, I'll believe it when the evidence mounts a little higher. That said, things are looking up with respect to this potential.

+1

Archived