• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fri Dec 21 Storm obs. Widespread wind damage

Damage In Tolland

Yeah that's that "ribbon echo" squall phenomenon - it's pretty common in winter at this latitude when you have an elevated warm layer and strong jet running over top.

It was a hell of a gust with trees snapping and all. Took out the major transmission line in town. Anyways, should be quite windy on the coast tomorrow morning and early aftn.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain, mainly before 10am, then a chance of drizzle. High near 41. Breezy, with a east wind 16 to 24 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

meh, almost never verifies even at 1,000 feet.

We need the rain as it has been dry. Weird HWW on either side of us, and not so much as a watch here.

Given the ho-hum pattern winter precip-wise, I'll take this as a win. Also gives me my best winds on Saturday afternoon.

Friday Night: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Patchy fog. Lows in the upper 20s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows in the lower 20s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.

Archived