• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
NNE Winter Thread II

dryslot

Storm #1, Sunday aft thru 9 PM Monday, 9.3" and 0.75" LE.

Storm #2, thru about last midnight, 3.6" and 1.78" total precip, about half frozen, half rain.

We had constant precip for 80+ hours, with 2-event totals 12.9" and 2.53". Currently 8" OG, holding most of that 2.53" plus perhaps 1/3" from the 1" armorplate that preceded these events.

sounds like the makings of a thick impenetrable base that will keep it white up your way for a long time. Congrats!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drool. While some enjoy a white xmas and are buried, we've got a sopping wet ground to look at. Amazing looking at the snow levels in the mtns and aroostook.

http://webcam.camelb...olution=320x240

Checked out the link, as I'd never heard of these camps. Turns out they're only about 1/2 mile downhill (east) of where we lived 1981-85. Back then I think it was the Roger Plourde farm. Way cool, thanks.

Edit:

Coastal sections of Maine under a wind advisory as well ... winds up to 50mph ... good time to break out the kite board.

Midcoast has a HW warning, for gusts to 60. Haven't seen CAR WSO's forecast for Hancock/Washington, but a SE storm should be fierce there, as well.

1-2" for MBY on that map, and unfortunatley it will be right during the morning commute. At least I was traveling south when I hit the accident/traffic mess on Rt 27 yesterday. A co-worker traveling north was behind all the trucks stuck on the hill, and took an hour to cover the 3 miles from Belgrade Village to the Rt 225 jct.

Checked out the link, as I'd never heard of these camps. Turns out they're only about 1/2 mile downhill (east) of where we lived 1981-85. Back then I think it was the Roger Plourde farm. Way cool, thanks.

Edit:

Coastal sections of Maine under a wind advisory as well ... winds up to 50mph ... good time to break out the kite board.

Midcoast has a HW warning, for gusts to 60. Haven't seen CAR WSO's forecast for Hancock/Washington, but a SE storm should be fierce there, as well.

1-2" for MBY on that map, and unfortunatley it will be right during the morning commute. At least I was traveling south when I hit the accident/traffic mess on Rt 27 yesterday. A co-worker traveling north was behind all the trucks stuck on the hill, and took an hour to cover the 3 miles from Belgrade Village to the Rt 225 jct.

225 has to be one of the worst roads in Central Maine.

What a great snowy week in the higher elevations...

Last 48 hours brought a surprising 7.5" of snow at 3,000ft (after Tuesday morning's 4" of wet snow)...That makes 15 inches since Saturday at this snow board location. Settled snow depth is 18" now and its dense stuff. There's a lot of QPF in this pack all the sudden.

Down at 1,550ft at the base of the mountain, we've picked up 6" in the last 72 hours and the settled snow depth is that same 6". Looks like winter all the sudden at the mountain and its perfect base snow...lots of QPF and moisture in it. This will have some staying power.

You can see the old Barnes Camp building in the background. This is at the end of RT 108 where the winter closure gate is.

Nice pics. Let's see if u can get another net gain.

If you count the upslope on Saturday, I don't see how this area doesn't come away with a net gain, at least at the ski resort from 1,500ft-4,000ft.

Still holding onto a crusty/firm 3" of snow here in town that's at least covering the grass... hopefully all the QPF locked up in that 3" of snow will give it some staying power against the rain tomorrow. Still think we can get away with a white Christmas in town, especially if upslope this weekend allows a couple inches to drift down into town.

Brian, what's your thoughts for snow in Central NH on the backend? Looks like 850's cool quickly after the occulsion. Is there a chance for a couple of hours of snow? Maybe a bit more for Saturday even in downslope areas like us?

I wouldn't expect much outside the high terrain. There will be SHSN around though. Maybe if you're lucky you score a coating?

i think that map will bust. snows should occur around 1 or 2 am and probably accumulate 2-3 inches with 3-5 in elevations 1500-3000.

Its probably not too far off... low levels will warm quickly below 1,500ft which is where most people live. That map has higher amounts of 2"< shaded along the Spine at elevation. My forecast was for 1-3" at the ski resort (1,500ft+) prior to the changeover... I'd be shocked if we got 1"+ in town though, but it'll be close depending on how much QPF gets in here.

Currently 20F at 3,950ft (that's pretty chilly going into this) with 29F at 1,500ft and 32F at my house at 750ft. Given current dews, I would assume we will wetbulb to near 30F down here and 28F at 1,500ft.

Archived