Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
December 20th-22nd Major Winter Storm Part II

andyhb

LOT issued a lakeshore flood warning for the IN shore

* LAKE SHORE FLOODING...NORTHWEST WINDS WILL RAPIDLY INCREASE TO 55 TO 65 MPH ACROSS SOUTHERN LAKE MICHIGAN THURSDAY EVENING AS LOW PRESSURE MOVES NORTHEASTWARD. WINDS WILL THEN DIMINISH BELOW 50 MPH FRIDAY EVENING. WAVES WILL BUILD TO 25 TO 30 FEET ACROSS SOUTHERN LAKE MICHIGAN...WITH THE LARGEST WAVES ALONG THE PORTER COUNTY SHORELINE.

* TIMING...WAVES WILL BUILD THURSDAY EVENING AND THURSDAY NIGHT THEN GRADUALLY SUBSIDE FRIDAY EVENING AND FRIDAY NIGHT.

* IMPACTS...THESE LARGE WAVES WILL BATTER THE BEACHES AND SHORELINES LEADING TO COASTAL EROSION AND FLOODING...AND COULD RESULT IN IMPACTS SIMILAR TO IF NOT MORE SIGNIFICANT THAN THOSE WHICH OCCURRED WITH THE REMNANTS OF HURRICANE SANDY THIS PAST OCTOBER.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister asked me if I was ready for Winter Storm Dumbledore....or something like that. Way to maintain your dignity and professionalism unnamed cable weather channel.

Had an unknown precip falling on my way out of the gym about 45 minutes ago in Kenosha. 37 right now--getting the grill ready for some crow I'm due for. Hope to see a flash or two here--going to be a fun ride for sure. Best to all north and west of me.

getting reports in around the metro area actually of huge snowflakes mixing in with the rain now. All snow within 5 miles of DVN as cyclone's map earlier indicated. Wow.

A buddy from Bettendorf texted they were seeing large flakes falling with some thunder rumbling as well. A few strikes showing up just west of the QC the last I checked.

Archived