e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
OBS ONLY: Snow/rain/slopfest Tuesday 11/27/2012

famartin

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that temps are slowly falling in SEPA while mine are slowly rising. Nothing crazy, but I'm up to 36 now from a morning low of 32 at 6:00AM.

That seems odd. Is it still snowing? If so, it may indicate your sensor has issues. Some of those cheap wx stations aren't well shielded from the sun.

That seems odd. Is it still snowing? If so, it may indicate your sensor has issues. Some of those cheap wx stations aren't well shielded from the sun.

Yeah, I think the sensor could be dealing with some solar radiation?

I mean, my temp. has crept up a degree here, with snow just a touch lighter than before....I'm sure rate is playing a role, but no serious jumps in temperatures, atleast while precip. continues. When it ends I could see mid-30s, not while its 1/2-1 mile SN.

BTW, now that its more rain (per HM), the snow has started melting out of the tipping bucket again. Temp didn't really go up (still 33.6) but 0.04" in the last little while after nothing for an hour.

Yeah I'm practically 100% rain at the moment but that won't last. I think I'm about as close to the rain/snow line as you can get before you turn into a wintry scene. Niiiice. I'll soon be leaving this area and heading south where I'm comfortably rain.

I think we have gone through and are currently in the best 850mb frontogenesis. While there will be some differential cyclonic vorticity advection / isentropic lift beyond this point, I think the rain/snow line will park it this afternoon. Game over for Ewing? :)

Archived