12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Potential Storm 11/7-11/8

Snow_Miser

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in a town that is adjacent to East Brunswick. Please go outside and look at your trees' foliage. They are certainly not bare and there is probably 60-70% of leaves still on the trees. Regardless of foliage, there are many weakend trees. In my area, there is probably an equal number of uprooted trees as there are trees that simply snapped at the base.

Per the Nov 3rd foliage network update, high leaf drop for our entire area, which is 60-80% of leaves down. That was a few days ago, so you must be in the minority with a ton of leaves.

http://www.foliagenetwork.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=403:ne-foliage-report-19-2012&catid=34:northeast-us&Itemid=68

Unfortunately, it looks like there is an increasing potential for a deformation band to affect parts of SENY and Central to Northern New Jersey.

Starting to get concerned about the potential for a very heavy thump of wet snow in a short period of time.

Omega looks rather impressive for this time of year.

omeg.png

A little delayed here, but a great loop of the NAM and you can see how the precipiation initially begins as rain, but as the heavier precipitation works in it switches to snow over much of NJ.

You can also see the mid level warm layer that works in at the tail end of precipitation.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NAMSFC4_18z/cloop.html

the "eye" so to speak seems to take a similar path as sandy....cutting NW and W as it phases, obv when it occludes it drifts NE and not into PA but a warm gulf stream will enhance the bombing out.

This system isn't a true warm core.

I highly doubt the "warmi-ish" waters will promote any sort of bombing out.

I have always avoided IMBY posts whenever possible. However, being that I'm in a bit of a jam, I was hoping I could break the rule just this once and look for some input from the crew. I have a flight from EWR to Houston on Thursday morning, scheduled to depart at 5:17am. Does anyone think there's even a chance it won't be delayed at this juncture? Thanks in advance.

The air definitely has the feel of snow tonight, nothing fall-like about mid 30s in November in NYC, an increasing rarity. Couldn't believe that Central Park cracked freezing today, when was the last November that happened?!

I think the city will see an inch or maybe a few. I think the maximum uniform amounts will be 4-5", but lollipops to 12" are possible under the early convection that could be present (could also be sleet, like 1/20/2011).

Archived