12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Potential Storm 11/7-11/8

Snow_Miser

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mt. Holly briefing - Calling for gusts of 55-65MPH likely a long with moderate coastal flooding. States that Severe coastal flooding is possible. I tend to disagree but they are the ones with the advanced met degrees. They also noted how the model trends have shifted back towards the coast today.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/briefing/packages/current_briefing.pdf

The NAM has very strong WAA above 900 MB so sleet would become an issue especially coast.

This isnt good. You have wet snow and temps on the rise as the storm ends with strong winds?

Thats going to make wet snow even heavier adding w.e drizzle falls as the storm is occluding. Not good for keeping trees around.

Power outages round 2 for NJ? I think so.

Not targetting you at all, however just a general statement to any naysayers about this storm... If your going to post in this sense, your actually painting quite an uglier picture as opposed to just snow all the way thru.

Watch as you get light rain after heavy wet snow, just watch how much heavier that snow becomes and how much trees begin to fall. Dont forget we just had hurricane force wind gusts blow thru the area.

Not good at all:

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

322 PM EST TUE NOV 6 2012

...DAMAGING WINDS EXPECTED WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND WEDNESDAY

NIGHT ACROSS LONG ISLAND...NEW YORK CITY...AND COASTAL CONNECTICUT...

...STRONG WINDS EXPECTED WEDNESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT

ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE TRI-STATE...

CTZ009>012-NJZ006-NYZ071>075-078>081-176>179-070430-

/O.UPG.KOKX.HW.A.0004.121107T1100Z-121108T1100Z/

/O.NEW.KOKX.HW.W.0003.121107T1900Z-121108T0900Z/

SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX-

SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-HUDSON-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-

NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-

KINGS (BROOKLYN)-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-

SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHERN QUEENS-

NORTHERN NASSAU-SOUTHERN QUEENS-SOUTHERN NASSAU-

322 PM EST TUE NOV 6 2012

...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM WEDNESDAY TO 4 AM EST

THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIND

WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM WEDNESDAY TO 4 AM EST

THURSDAY.

* LOCATIONS...NEW YORK CITY...LONG ISLAND...COASTAL

CONNECTICUT...HUDSON COUNTY...AND SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTY.

* HAZARDS...DAMAGING WINDS.

* WINDS...NORTH 25 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH.

* TIMING...WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* IMPACTS...WINDS OF THIS MAGNITUDE WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING

DOWNED TREES AND POWER LINES...AS WELL AS MINOR PROPERTY DAMAGE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS A HAZARDOUS HIGH WIND EVENT IS EXPECTED

OR OCCURRING. SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF AT LEAST 40 MPH OR GUSTS

OF 58 MPH OR MORE CAN LEAD TO PROPERTY DAMAGE.

&&

This isnt good. You have wet snow and temps on the rise as the storm ends with strong winds?

Thats going to make wet snow even heavier adding w.e drizzle falls as the storm is occluding. Not good for keeping trees around.

Power outages round 2 for NJ? I think so.

Not targetting you at all, however just a general statement to any naysayers about this storm... If your going to post in this sense, your actually painting quite an uglier picture as opposed to just snow all the way thru.

Watch as you get light rain after heavy wet snow, just watch how much heavier that snow becomes and how much trees begin to fall. Dont forget we just had hurricane force wind gusts blow thru the area.

This run of the NAM is bad for wind here with 50- 60 mph gusts from the city terminals east and 70 mph out near the South Fork.

The 18Z NAM 24 hours or less before decent precip events always tends to overcrank the QPF, I've noticed this since its ETA days so I'd definitely slice those numbers.

But it does have support from a couple other short term models, like the RGEM, SREFS and MM5.

The 18Z NAM 24 hours or less before decent precip events always tends to overcrank the QPF, I've noticed this since its ETA days so I'd definitely slice those numbers.

I think there is pretty good model agreement QPF is north of an inch the issue is what does it fall as and where .

I just hav a hard time seeing snow accumulate all the way to the coast , but if it deepens enough then i guess it could .

Looke like the models wana make it snow at some point , does someone eventually get put under a WSW .

Have to alert people that its possible now .

You said the same thing about Sandy in reguards to wind speeds at the surface. Why always make stuff seem like its nothing until you get into the obs thread and post "Wow, I cant believe this. "

This is what he does and he never admits he is wrong or hold his previous calls accountable. He will, however, point out when he is right.

Archived