northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Potential Storm 11/7-11/8

Snow_Miser

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn. This went from real bad to not as bad to good to now maybe a non event.

You can add the RGEM to that list as well, although it brings some precipitation further to the west.

Still cautious about this threat, although I'd be overjoyed if it slid east. Our infrastructure is still very fragile following Sandy.

The trend with more separation between the north and southern streams continued with the 0z GFS - considering this is in the short range, and the models also initialized the northern s/w differently than what they had 24 hours ago for this time, could be a very real possibility the models are actually pulling a last minute shift. If this is actually the case, the only time I remember something like this in the few recent years is from April fools 2011. Nothing's certain yet, but these trends are certainly not good for the stronger and further west storm.

I'm glad it's trending east, this is one of the few times where I don't mind it missing us. We don't need the additional wind damage or coastal flooding along with rain to a very fragile infrastructure. The electric grid is just getting back to normal though many people still don't have power, there's a lot of weakened trees and branches. Let it go east, I'll wait till December for a real snow threat.

The Euro is definitely not out to sea, as it still brings some moderate precip into the area, but it's nothing remotely close to the 12z or earlier runs.

Pretty remarkable trends over the last 24 hours and even the Euro fell victim to it.

Imagine the mayhem if this was a month from now. Yikes.

I'm not surprised, I know I jokingly mentioned the ots idea with you earlier. Although we have a nice cold dome of HP the ridging over the top imo is weak and transient. Also don't think the location of the block is ideal. With the trough remaining broad and open, the lp is able to slide east before the phase occurs too late to pull it back west. Seems like a timing issue between the two pieces of energy.

Now that the models have pretty much shifted east except for the 0z NAM, I wonder what chances are that this somehow trends back stronger and west on Tuesday. Not likely, but it can't be completely ruled out just yet.

Either way, this trend is a relief for the coast. There will still probably be some wind and rain but that's still better than a strong noreaster with 65+ mph gusts slamming the region.

Going to be a long winter then for some. This will happen many times, am I bit surprised though how they all trended so far east given the 24-48 hr window before the storm but remember the boxing day storm rapidly trended in our favor less than 3 days before it occurred.

It's early November...seriously.

Going to be a long winter then for some. This will happen many times, am I bit surprised though how they all trended so far east given the 24-48 hr window before the storm but remember the boxing day storm rapidly trended in our favor less than 3 days before it occurred.

You mean it's going to be a long winter for you, and you will whine many times, lol.

Archived