Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Storm 11/7-11/8

Snow_Miser

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my house bottomed out at 45 degrees last night before i abandoned ship.

can someone help me w/ timing? I have an adjustor coming at 11AM on WED to assess the damage to my house/car/property --- and can't get stuck away from my wife/1 year old.

what a week. this is just more whipped cream on sh*t.

Very odd 850mp temp configuration on the EURO, Almost like it gets warmer as the storm bombs out. I think with the energy crashing into the West coast @ same time we may see a trend East with this storm which could help bring in colder temps

There is a real dilemma brewing so to say regarding this system - do we want it several degrees warmer and wet or several degrees colder with ice and snow in the disaster we are dealing with now ? The warmer and wet could bring more flooding rains while more ice and snow lessens that. Regardless the winds are going to be a major issue - one being that power crews cannot get up in their bucket trucks to trim away trees and repair lines if the wind is above 35mph or so - the other being new power outages - hope the government starts planning for another disaster today............Also whats going to be the bigger story Tuesday night - the election or this storm ?

The ECMWF seems to be the warmest model out of the bunch right now.

We'll see if it gets colder in future runs, or if the other models trend to it.

I think the GFS trends west it does it 90 perc of the time so why is this time different ? However pick your poison, the closer in the system is the stronger the winds are goin to be on the coast and all repair work stops . Now you intoruduce 2 inches of water into a stressed root system and you will topple more trees in some cases onto recentley repaired power lines . With a deepening low moving NE you stop marine traffic from moving crude to refinaries for another dayor 2 . I believe in the closaer in solution and for that I feel awful for pp trying to recover on the coast .

This storm will be headline news story for the next 3 days . ( also it should snow and accumulate form NW NJ thru the lower and mid hudson valley with this , The trough will go neg and enough dynamics should be present to allow the 0 line at 850 to get pulled to the surface as the storms bombs out there ) .The is why weather resembles women , both are beautiful and cruel , unfortunatly it can be at the same time .

Here we go again. I have finally recovered my sleep from my intensive Sandy-tracking! I made over 600 posts on one forum for her.

I think the mods deleted about 300 of your posts here.

Oh my god. It is developing in the NE Gulf of Mexico already at 72 hrs. This is horrendous. This is going to be extremely intense and has super storm written all over it, again.

Woah, slow down there, Captain.

Looking at the higher resolution version of the Canadian model on the Wright-Weather site and it shows the 850 level at -3 to -5 throughout Northern New Jersey for the entire storm with a 962mb low sitting about 150 miles off shore of Sandy Hook. Does anyone know if Sandy Hook is still there?

Yea guy - sandy hook is still there. Pump the breaks a little you drama queen

This is my Mount Holly NWS forecast for Somerset County:

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain and snow after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Wednesday: Cloudy. Rain and snow likely in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon. Breezy with highs in the mid 40s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy with rain likely. Snow likely after midnight. Breezy with lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain and snow in the morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Archived