joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Storm 11/7-11/8

Snow_Miser

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope so. I was thinking of making an annoying commute tomorrow back to my old stomping ground at Rutgers, but I'd really like to not do that, considering the gas situation would make my commute all mass transit. I just want to see some snow!

I can't really recall a time where the Euro was so much colder than other guidance this close to the event. Usually it's the Euro that will run things a tad warm, and the NAM that has a cold bias within its CCB because of its mesoscale schemes.

But if there is one model that I want being the cold model in this range, it's the Euro. Plus, it doesn't destroy the coastline!

Its a win-win. Too bad I can't see it, just going to have to rely on the radar and the skies at this point.

At this point my only concern is the mid-levels much different than the 10/28 event last year where I was uneasy about the boundary layer because the DPs advecting in were very marginal. We pulled it off then and we probably can pull it off again but there is little margin for error, the precip has to come down hard and fast to get that layer cooled enough so that any sort of WAA cannot overcome it.

I really hope so. I was thinking of making an annoying commute tomorrow back to my old stomping ground at Rutgers, but I'd really like to not do that, considering the gas situation would make my commute all mass transit. I just want to see some snow!

I can't really recall a time where the Euro was so much colder than other guidance this close to the event. Usually it's the Euro that will run things a tad warm, and the NAM that has a cold bias within its CCB because of its mesoscale schemes.

But if there is one model that I want being the cold model in this range, it's the Euro. Plus, it doesn't destroy the coastline!

The gas situation is pretty much back to normal here in my part of Monmouth County at least. All gas stations back open and no lines at all here.

Well that's good...

Any sleet or a flake or two down by me?

The clown maps on wunderground are lighting up now. Euro has a couple of inches of snow for virtually everybody away from the immediate beaches and west of Central LI.

back to back years with significant snow before november 9th is crazy.

in CNJ in the previous 35 years before 2011, there was only 4 snowfalls of over 1" prior to december 1st. and all but one came in late november.

I'm in the same boat- middle of Long Island gas situation is ongoing. I passed by a 2 mile gas line at 10pm. One station open, all others shut down. I can't believe how long it's taking.

Okay back to the storm- When you say "much colder" on the euro, do you mean the freezing line is further east?

What if that wacky run of the NAM verifies though? Just sayin'. This Euro run is much colder.

Mark my words and quote me to death. The NAM wont happen, and if you stay up for the 6z you will see it change back. I know this model too well lol

Agree with bmc, its time for an advisory. Precip is getting close

Upton now going wintry on the TAF for JFK with over 6 hours of sleet and snow...

KJFK 070543Z 0706/0812 04012KT P6SM FEW040 OVC200

FM070700 03016G27KT P6SM SCT040 OVC150

FM071200 02024G35KT P6SM BKN035 OVC100

FM071500 02027G42KT 3SM -RASN OVC025

FM072100 36030G48KT 1SM PLSN BR SCT006 OVC010

FM072300 36033G52KT 1SM PLSN BR SCT006 OVC010

FM080500 35028G45KT 3SM -RA BR SCT008 OVC015

Archived