Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Storm 11/7-11/8

Snow_Miser

Upton's latest map:

That is actually in fairly good agreement with Mt. Holly's, keeping most of the accumulating stuff west of I-287. The good news for me is that is where I live :)

All in all though, if the NAM is correct those forecasted numbers are going to bust way too low, even though it's early November and the ground isn't even close to being frozen.

StormTotalSnowWebFcst.png

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon commuters in the metro area in for what I think will be, for most, quite a surprise....and probably an unwelcome one.

That is actually in fairly good agreement with Mt. Holly's, keeping most of the accumulating stuff west of I-287. The good news for me is that is where I live smile.png

All in all though, if the NAM is correct those forecasted numbers are going to bust way too low, even though it's early November and the ground isn't even close to being frozen.

The ground is cold, struggled to reach 40 the past few days.Doesn't need to be frozen, we learned that last year even into the city.

Afternoon commuters in the metro area in for what I think will be, for most, quite a surprise....and probably an unwelcome one.

The fact winds go almost straight north and there is a ton of low dewpoints and dry air in the Hudson Valley leads me to believe this could very well be mostly snow for a good part of the area.

The fact winds go almost straight north and there is a ton of low dewpoints and dry air in the Hudson Valley leads me to believe this could very well be mostly snow for a good part of the area.

I just hope there's not the usual "dead zone" like in a lot of these nor'easters east of the band that always seems to set up over NJ. The NAM seems to hint at that and it would suck to watch the heavy snow west of us in NJ while many people east suffer in drizzly/mixed conditions. But just seeing the first flakes and hopefully enough to stick in spots would be awesome in and of itself.

I feel like some people are really downplaying the snowfall potential here. I do realize that we aren't going to get the type of accumulations that we would see in January but I don't think 6" + are out of the question for even the western burbs.

Honestly, I'd rather be on the low side for this one just in case. Would be very frustrating to expect 4-6" and wind up with much less in the end if temps and mixing become an issue.

Things do look promising for a little surprise though.

Sent from Tapatalk

This is gonna go 1/25/00 style, initial major slam job and someone will get screwed on the dry slot afterwards, probably will be a bit more east of that storm but it could be very much the same sort of effect as that band comes in from the SE and then pushes NW.

Agree with this, the early occlusion with the major heavy band that plows northwest followed by dry slot and an over all weakening of the frontogenesis band..with that said, i think a lot of people around/nw of city are going to look out there window and be very surprised at the outdoor scene in the next few hours

If radar trends hold I think the corridor between TTN-HPN will see heavy snow developing between 11AM-1PM with rates reaching 2"/hour, presentation is stupendous and check out the juice incoming on the OKX radar. Those returns are insane over LI.

Also interested to compare final results between Harlem and around Columbus Circle in the park. I think this may be an instance where uptown Manhattan sees 1-3" more than Midtown.

Archived