• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Son of Sandy- Nov 6,7,8 2012

HoarfrostHubb

As far as a forecast, I'm starting to like sort of two areas of snowfall with this storm. One down in the mid-Atlantic somewhere, then another band of accumulations from the Berkshires/GC area up through central NH and western ME. Too far south for much of anything here, but also too far north for a large number of SNE members. A MoneyPitMike special.

I've just got that feeling after watching the last couple days of model runs, that the needle gets threaded from the Berks through the Monadnocks into Dendrites area and the Lakes region up towards Plymouth, and then into the mountains of western Maine. Biggest question mark in my mind is the higher elevations of NE CT area up through the ORH Hills.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as a forecast, I'm starting to like sort of two areas of snowfall with this storm. One down in the mid-Atlantic somewhere, then another band of accumulations from the Berkshires/GC area up through central NH and western ME. Too far south for much of anything here, but also too far north for a large number of SNE members. A MoneyPitMike special.

I've just got that feeling after watching the last couple days of model runs, that the needle gets threaded from the Berks through the Monadnocks into Dendrites area and the Lakes region up towards Plymouth, and then into the mountains of western Maine. Biggest question mark in my mind is the higher elevations of NE CT area up through the ORH Hills.

dude, did you look at any models today? lol

Did you know Chris M is at 1 K in Harwinton and 600 feet at Uconn, just wanted to remind you.

Biggest 0 Z run in Towson Jays life, I think he will wish he was naked on Scooters couch with Jerry cheering on the Euro tonight. Scooter with his Zima Jerry with his Boones farm.

Thought it was MD 20/20?

Did you know Chris M is at 1 K in Harwinton and 600 feet at Uconn, just wanted to remind you.

Biggest 0 Z run in Towson Jays life, I think he will wish he was naked on Scooters couch with Jerry cheering on the Euro tonight. Scooter with his Zima Jerry with his Boones farm.

I really don't realize why sometimes you're such a d*ck to people who do nothing to antagonize you, but whatever I guess.

dude, did you look at any models today? lol

For example of why I'm thinking Berkshires/Monadnocks/central NH/western ME foothills... taking the model guidance and blending it with climo. Really not a stretch to imagine that's where the best snow falls... I'm not ready to buy the super cold guidance on the coastal plain. That's why I said the biggest unknown IMO is NE CT through the ORH hills.

Here's the Canadian GGEM... look at the H7 relative humidity for the axis of a possible deformation band.

Now here's the UKMET...again look at the position of the H7 RH where there'll probably be a band of enhanced precip.

Ukmet and Ggem are quite similar in the eventual location of a H7 deformation axis.

Then look at the ECMWF... I don't have axis to any QPF or anything from the ECM, so gotta rely on the weenie snowfall maps. Again, I'm not sold on the super cold staying put in eastern MA, but the ECM is another model that is quite obviously highlighting the usual Berks/Monadnocks/C.NH axis...

All I'm saying is that's the way I'm leaning right now... haha, but yes I did look at some models, ChrisM.

Euro looks better for snow in SNE, GFS looked good for snow in SNE, SREFs looked good for snow in SNE...Do I have to continue or do you get it?

LOL

That SREF map posted shows exactly the axis I was thinking... western New England (Berks/GC) up through central NH and into western ME if you connect the dots in the means.

Again, biggest question mark is SE towards the ORH hills, which now the SREFS are showing some props so that may be increasing.

Of course Dendrite will get it...snowglobe of NE.

I'll be satisifed with a catpaw.

Archived