12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Sandy speculation thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sad. My daughter said her roomate is out and about in St. Catherines tonight. Brock U. cancelled classes tonight so I'm not sure what the roommate is doing out on a night like this. Our dog is not getting a walk tonight. Absolutely ugly outside. We're surrounded by trees so I'm hoping everything stays intact thru the night. The wind is just ripping as I type this tho'.

CYXU has 51mph gusts right now in London really feels like the wind jumped 10-15mph in the last half hour... with those 60mph+ gusts forecast soon. Those trees around your house better stay put!

Seems a little colder than expected. Reports and observations indicate wet snow and ice pellets beginning to mix in with the heavier rain across western Pennsylvania. Temperatures have dropped into the mid to upper 30s. The highest elevations near Johnstown, PA, have even picked up some accumulation, and thundersnow was observed at the Johnstown airport. Obviously, I'm not expecting any accumulation... but it wouldn't surprise me if some flakes begin to mix in across inland parts of northeast and north central Ohio as the heavier precipitation shifts into the region and helps mix down the colder temperatures aloft.

Seems a little colder than expected. Reports and observations indicate wet snow and ice pellets beginning to mix in with the heavier rain across western Pennsylvania. Temperatures have dropped into the mid to upper 30s. The highest elevations near Johnstown, PA, have even picked up some accumulation, and thundersnow was observed at the Johnstown airport. Obviously, I'm not expecting any accumulation... but it wouldn't surprise me if some flakes begin to mix in across inland parts of northeast and north central Ohio as the heavier precipitation shifts into the region and helps mix down the colder temperatures aloft.

OHWeather confirming wet snow mixing in south and east of Cleveland in the northern Ohio thread.

Winds are just howling. Some wet snowflakes were flying here a bit ago, so I have spotted my first flakes HERE since Apr 11 to christen the 2012-13 season (saw flakes at tahquamenon falls oct 10). I think its just drizzle now...will be interesting to see if once the steady precip backs in if we can generate a little steadier snow or rain/snow mix before it all becomes rain.

Speaking of snow we had some flakes flying north of Findlay this afternoon when the temp was still hovering around 35-36F. Looks like the majority of snow reports are coming from a fairly narrow band of sub freezing 925mb temps and in the heavier precip. towards NEOH.

Winds here have topped out at 45mph so far, but they sure sound menacing. Schools have already delayed here, mainly in Hancock County so far.

NAM bumped us to 0.05"! If only the boundary layer would cooperate.

Trend is our friend. laugh.png But yeah...poo. Lower levels are scorching.

Top gust of 63mph so far for CLE.

METAR KCLE 300151Z 34027G46KT 9SM RA BKN013 OVC020 06/04 A2954 RMK AO2 PK WND 36055/0059 SLP007 P0008 T00610039 $

Archived