amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Sandy speculation thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that was fast. Nice sig, stupid Tigers. I really wanted to see baseball tried to be played tonight.

It came back on after 20 min. My wife packed bags just in case. I got a feeling this area is higher up with open fields power will go out again. Especially with the worst yet to come.

Yes i would have love to have seen tonights game. It would have been epic for a baseball game.

I'm glad those bums lost. Wasn't thrilled about the potential of working tonight. Sitting up in the upper center field camera booth in these N winds would kill.

OT.. When in the **** will the MLB stop this crap. 162 games is insane and baseball in late Oct is stupid. Thankfully a shorter season and instant replay is being examined by the MLB.

CP24 breaking news saying a woman has been found without vital signs in Toronto after being hit by debris near Keele and St. Clair.

Sad to hear. I was downtown about a couple of hours ago and the winds were really starting to rip. Very windy here in Scar-town (aka Scarborough) as well. Looks like a band of rain will soon move in from the east.

I originally said I wished this storm was happening in January....scratch that. If this was January I'd be slitting my wrists watching the heavy snow get to the OH/PA border and fall apart. It's amazing.

There's invisible wall here halfway through Oakland County since last night. Rain can't get west of here. Quite amazing.

I originally said I wished this storm was happening in January....scratch that. If this was January I'd be slitting my wrists watching the heavy snow get to the OH/PA border and fall apart. It's amazing.

No kidding! I also noticed ILN downgraded the highest wind gusts for this area - 50 mph down from 60.

It would be OK we could probably squeeze 5 inches out of it in January.

No kidding! I also noticed ILN downgraded the highest wind gusts for this area - 50 mph down from 60.

so far the winds have also underperformed as well. I would imagine we are more solidly in advisory criteria than warning criteria. That being said, I realize the worst isn't suppose to hit til late tonight into tomorrow morning. Stay tuned.

CP24 breaking news saying a woman has been found without vital signs in Toronto after being hit by debris near Keele and St. Clair.

Very sad. My daughter said her roomate is out and about in St. Catherines tonight. Brock U. cancelled classes tonight so I'm not sure what the roommate is doing out on a night like this. Our dog is not getting a walk tonight. Absolutely ugly outside. We're surrounded by trees so I'm hoping everything stays intact thru the night. The wind is just ripping as I type this tho'.

so far the winds have also underperformed as well. I would imagine we are more solidly in advisory criteria than warning criteria. That being said, I realize the worst isn't suppose to hit til late tonight into tomorrow morning. Stay tuned.

In the last 15 min here the winds have picked up ... not warning yet here either, but the highest they have been all day.

Archived