joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter and non-weather Discussions

buckeyefan1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being on the earlier board, I've not been around nearly as long as many of you. I know about DT, and I recognize all the other names asked about, save one. Who is zwtys? I haven't seen that poster before, or did they change their moniker once on the new site?

Mid-atlantic poster. He is very active in the political roundtable.

I have MASSIVE acorns falling out of my trees. The squirrels have to be stoked. Haven't seen any wooly worms yet though.

P.S. Are any of the old EUSWX regulars still around? Wow, HKY_WX, RaleighWx, DT, WidreMann, zwyts, FoothillsNC, etc? I haven't posted here or there in multiple years.

Oh my god we share the same username (almost). Was your username the same on Eastern? I was Jon there as well...

What ever happened to Weather53 that use to post on main forum? I think he was a pro forecaster. Anybody know?

I heard he went on a delusional rampage after seeing the models misplace the snow/rain line across the mid-atl last winter. Heard he's still under doctors care. Wish him well.

I heard he went on a delusional rampage after seeing the models misplace the snow/rain line across the mid-atl last winter. Heard he's still under doctors care. Wish him well.

It happens all the time. He's under the best care possible and will hopefully recover in time for this year's misplacement!

NOUS41 KRNK 071838

PNSRNK

NCZ003-004-019-020-072245-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BLACKSBURG VA

238 PM EDT FRI SEP 7 2012

...FLOOD STAGE CHANGES PROPOSED ON THE YADKIN RIVER AT

ELKIN NORTH CAROLINA...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE (NWS) IN BLACKSBURG IS PROPOSING

TO ADJUST SOME FLOOD STAGES ON THE YADKIN RIVER IN ELKIN, NORTH

CAROLINA TO BETTER REFLECT THE ACTUAL THREAT FOR FLOODING.

THESE CHANGES ARE BEING TAKEN IN COORDINATION WITH EMERGENCY

MANAGEMENT IN SURRY COUNTY. THEY ARE BASED ON FIELD

SURVEYS...ANALYSISAND DATA OBTAINED DURING AND AFTER RECENT

FLOOD OR NEAR-FLOOD EVENTS IN JANUARY 2010 AND MARCH 2011.

BELOW ARE SHOWN THE CURRENT AND PROPOSED FLOOD STAGE

CHANGES FOR THE ELKIN RIVER GAGE AND ARE EXPRESSED IN FEET

ABOVE THE ZERO DATUM FOR THIS GAGE (865.68 FEET ABOVE THE

NAVD88 DATUM):

STAGE (FEET) CURRENT PROPOSED

ACTION 14 16

MINOR FLOOD 16 18

MODERATE FLOOD 18 21

MAJOR FLOOD 24 25

THE NWS WELCOMES COMMENTS AND/OR QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS

PROPOSAL WHICH IS SCHEDULED TO BECOME EFFECTIVE ON OR ABOUT

OCTOBER 15, 2012.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

PETER CORRIGAN

SERVICE HYDROLOGIST

1750 FORECAST DR.

BLACKSBURG VA 24060

540-552-1341

EMAIL: [email protected]

$$

DENVER — The Colorado Water Conservation Board is holding a public hearing on a Durango-based company’s request to renew its cloud-seeding permit.

Western Weather Consultants wants to renew its permit for the next five winters so it can do cloud seeding for Denver Water, Colorado Springs Utilities and others. The goal is to boost precipitation and snowpack to benefit water users, from farmers to ski areas.

The company uses ground-based generators to produce silver iodide crystals that become the center of clouds.

The Colorado Water Conservation Board plans a public hearing Monday evening in Silverthorne on the request to renew the permit.

Pulled this off of Facebook tonight...

546407_10151079854666958_979222792_n.jpg

WNCOutdoors.info

Wow! Fall color is popping extremely early this year - a good 2-3 weeks sooner than normally expected! This is from Big Green Mountain in Panthertown Valley today, and it looks like peak may actually be sometime next week. There is color at all elevations, but especially above 4000' on drier slopes.

Pulled this off of Facebook tonight...

WNCOutdoors.info

Wow! Fall color is popping extremely early this year - a good 2-3 weeks sooner than normally expected! This is from Big Green Mountain in Panthertown Valley today, and it looks like peak may actually be sometime next week. There is color at all elevations, but especially above 4000' on drier slopes.

Beautiful! And I'm headed back up that way on Thursday to spend another month with the grandbabies and Wow and Meow. They had promised me fall color if I came up in October, looks like I'm actually going to get to see a change of seasons for the first time. After all, here in Houston we have summer and uh..............summer.

Definitely going to get them to take me on some road trips. Thanks so much for sharing!

Suz

Archived