joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter and non-weather Discussions

buckeyefan1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This describes it well....I just know what I've been shown or told by my Brother In Law and what I picked up from the time working at a heat and air business ;) Both times mine have gone out over the years it looked like it was going to explode :lol:

A motor capacitor can form part of the mechanism for a number of different electrical items, including an air conditioning unit. However, there are occasions when the component can fail, which will require you to know what signs to look for that this has occurred.

1 – Speed

In the event that you are suddenly unable to achieve a certain level of speed after switching on an air conditioner, you may find that the motor capacitor is at fault. The capacitor will often provide the appliance with a boost facility, which will fail if it is faulty.

2 – Failure

A motor capacitor may be required in the event that the air conditioner fails to work at all. The capacitor is the component through which power is drawn, accordingly, if the fans fail to rotate at all or only works intermittently, the capacitor may be to blame. If the motor stops working, the capacitor may be the cause.

3 – Noise

In view of the fact that a motor capacitor plays a role in making the motor run, you may find that a fault with it causes a change to the sound it makes. If the air conditioner rattles or sounds different than it previously did, the capacitor may be defective.

Read more: http://www.doityours...r#ixzz25hGlwiiU

Thanks for all the info! Very good stuff. :)

Don't worry about it. It is self correcting. Forget it once and you never will again.

Haha! That's a good point.

Finally we are able to bring our son home. Very excited to have him home!

Good to hear! Our son was in the hospital for 6 weeks after he was born. He eventually had to have heart surgery, so I know how awesome it is to finally be able to bring your child home. I'm very happy for you, and I hope things are ok from here on out.

Got a pic of the little guy you care to share?

I do. I will have to take some time out this week and post some!

Congratulations man. I'm really glad to hear that. Me and the wife went on our hospital tour tonight. My anxiety level creeps up a notch everyday. With five weeks to go and hearing stories like yours I realize this baby could come any day. I hope your wife is doing well also. Good energy being sent your way.

Thanks a lot! Ya these three weeks have been very stressful! My wife is a lot better since he has come home. He is gaining good weight. Today he weighed 6.5 lbs! Very happy for that.

Congrats on bringing the bundle of joy home, Met1985!!! :)

Thank you! We are very happy to have him home!

Good to hear! Our son was in the hospital for 6 weeks after he was born. He eventually had to have heart surgery, so I know how awesome it is to finally be able to bring your child home. I'm very happy for you, and I hope things are ok from here on out.

Wow that would be a lot to go through. Could not imagine having going through that. Thank you for the support!

The Climate Forum is dominated by about four people. Really lousy, one sided discussions for the most part. Glad to see the mods and some mets trying to bring some balance back to that discussion. It's like going in the basement. It's pretty interesting until you realize the sun is actually shining outside and you can go out and play.

Way to go, Steve! But, just wondering, wouldn't you be faster in a Ferrari, or Maserati, or maybe a Spyder, or Bugatti Veyron? Just saying, lol. But you did great in a hybred Jeep, and I guess it is a bit cheaper to run than a Bugatti!! T

LOL!!!! Actually, probably not! The "Jeep" only weighs 1760 lbs with me in it and none of those other cars can touch that! Granted... I only have 80 mph for my top end but I can get there REAL fast! :-)

Nice. the "jeepster" looks like fun!

Thanks! You can't believe how much fun! The power is addicting, the g forces are addicting... way too much fun for it to be over in just a few minutes. I could do that all day and never get tired. Well... not quite true, it will wear your ass out, I come back from a run breathing like I had just run a mile. It's like trying to tame something that's possessed!

This was only about my 7th event in the car so I'm still getting the hang of it. We went a year without any changes just to get a good baseline on the performance and handling, now the tweaking begins. We noticed a lot of body roll on the concrete (this is only the 2nd time on concrete in it) so we have to get that resolved. 50 more pounds of rear spring and a front sway bar (no bar at all now) as well as re-lowering the car. We raised it up when we discovered the rear tires would scrap on big bumps. Right now it doesn't even have adjustable shocks so those will be coming also.

We'd like to get another 50 hp or so out of it, but we have to be careful not to reduce the low end or add any lag to the turbo in lower rpm range. It currently makes about 360 rwhp and about 400 ft lbs of torque. The minimum weight is 1750 and it was 1769 with me in it at the Nationals. Here was the corner weights right before the Nationals with me and an empty tank of gas:

jeep_corner_weight_08_04_12.jpg

It looks like my sister is going to deliver her baby boy sometime in the next 24 hours! I'm just chilling in Birmingham for now until we get the call to go to the hospital.

:D:baby:

Congrats!

Uncle Justin, my boy, a word of advice for the fledgling uncle.... You need to be thinking about what fine new weather station you will be wanting. As a new uncle you'll be expected to provide that little fellow with the best possible hand me downs when he's old enough, lol. Time to get 'em now...in celebration, of course :) T

I have MASSIVE acorns falling out of my trees. The squirrels have to be stoked. Haven't seen any wooly worms yet though.

P.S. Are any of the old EUSWX regulars still around? Wow, HKY_WX, RaleighWx, DT, WidreMann, zwyts, FoothillsNC, etc? I haven't posted here or there in multiple years.

The only one not here is DT

Archived