Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Hurricane Isaac Banter Thread, Part 2

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is becoming very interesting, as we go through the night I expected this system will have very little movement and what ever there is (say 6-10mph to the west) will only make things worse. The eye looks to stay over water and that will cause the feeder bands and associated H force winds to impact the NE and N quadrants. As the bands work over to the western to south western side of the storm they will be over water that was not worked over by the previous band so therefore they rotate around the eye and dump more and more rain with H force winds on the NE and N quads.

Someone let me know when this storm actually does something.....should be renamed Hurricane Prozaac.

Look at my post just a few under yours, you don't have to have a Cat 3-4 to case catastrophic damage, you just need the right set up, and this appears to have it. My best guess is when every thing is said and done, the name Isaac will be retired.

Isaac becomes legendary: Snow near New Orleans in August...

----------------------------------------

METAR KNEW 00:53Z 08/29/12

KNEW 290053Z 03041G52KT 3/4SM -SN BKN024

BKN028 OVC035 A2940 RMK AO2 PK WND 03057/0006

SNB17 SLP951 P0025 FZRANO

... via:

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/surface/java_metars/

no joke. I wonder how this could have happened? Clearly its a bad OB, but still histerical.

I have only been reading, but I will add my voice that having a dozen different threads to follow for one storm is insane. This is a live event. You allow that to happen organically in one, maybe two threads at most. That is frankly the most authentic way to do it, not force folks to wade through five different threads for every conceivable topic with the storm. I bet the image issue is about bandwidth, but most people have high speed internet in this day and age. Those on 56K need to get satellite or something and get with the times.

Isaac becomes legendary: Snow near New Orleans in August...

----------------------------------------

METAR KNEW 00:53Z 08/29/12

KNEW 290053Z 03041G52KT 3/4SM -SN BKN024

BKN028 OVC035 A2940 RMK AO2 PK WND 03057/0006

SNB17 SLP951 P0025 FZRANO

... via:

http://weather.rap.u...ce/java_metars/

no joke. I wonder how this could have happened? Clearly its a bad OB, but still histerical.

looking at that metar I have no idea what the solid bule means, but 77° temp over 73° no way equals snow

I agree with some posters on here, because you dont have to have a cat. 4,5 Hurricane to do serious damage and flooding. This Hurricane is moving very slow on the left side of New Orleans and is going to produce flooding rains all night. Look what tropical storm Alison did to Houston. I think people will be surprised torrommow.........

It sure sounds like they are much better prepared. Fresh water flooding might be an issue of course as to be expected if you get 20 inches of rain. The surge thus far looks decent but not catastrophic. There's gotta be a fairly sizeable difference despite it being a large system.

The levees breeched when the wind went north off of the lake on the backside of the storm...that doesn't look to happen this time.

Archived