• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
August 2012 Banter thread

Isopycnic

My wife and I welcomed our second child into this world Monday! A little baby boy! Four weeks premature but he is in NICU doing very well. Very excited and am blessed to have a new addition to our family.

That is awesome!! Congrats to you and your wife! :hug: My daughter was 6 weeks early and in the NICU for 10 days so I understand the additional stress. So glad to hear he's doing well and hopefully you will get to bring him home very soon. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and I welcomed our second child into this world Monday! A little baby boy! Four weeks premature but he is in NICU doing very well. Very excited and am blessed to have a new addition to our family.

Congratulations! My wife is due 10/13 with our first, a little girl! We have a trip planned to Lexington, va in two weeks. I sure hope we don't deliver in va lol.

Im looking forward to some cool mountain nights too!

Again thank you so much for the kind comments! Marietta it is truly life changing! It is very exciting seeing them grow up as my other son is three years old. Ya we were going to go on vacation the end of this month but we postponed till October! We are still in hospital but are being taken care of very well. Thank you all for the kind words again!

Awesome!

Sending thoughts your way sir!!

Thank you! Very stressful though. My wife got to go home yesterday but my son will be in the NICU another couple of weeks. He was born at 33 weeks instead of full term bc my wife had pre eclampsia. Thanks to everyone for the kind words hopefully everything will come out fine the next couple weeks.

Thank you! Very stressful though. My wife got to go home yesterday but my son will be in the NICU another couple of weeks. He was born at 33 weeks instead of full term bc my wife had pre eclampsia. Thanks to everyone for the kind words hopefully everything will come out fine the next couple weeks.

Congratulations! I was a preemie and so was my twin. 4 lbs 1 oz, my brother was 3 lbs 8 oz. It will work out, we did just fine! I was even in longer than normal because my lungs weren't fully developed, so I was hooked up to all kinds of machines for a good while. Good luck to you both!

Nonsense. I dated many women that fell under that criteria..

:lmao:

Joe and Henry's forecasts are ridiculous. Nothing in the models suggests what they are calling for.

Look, I don't think they are right either, but I don't go around denigrating their opinions with no reason to back it up. I don't quite comprehend the ire and venom toward these guys on this site. Sure, they say stuff that appeals to their main audience, but then we don't have to listen if we don't want. Just ignore them if you don't like it.

I see this forum as a place to share information concerning weather events from a variety of different voices. I like to hear all forecasts that at least have some reason to them. I get to personally choose the ones to which I give more credence and those to which I will largely ignore. If I want to offer a differing opinion than what is "commonly accepted as fact," as long as I do it civilly and offer reasons, I would like to think that would be accepted by the people who frequent this forum.

The fact is that JB and HM have met degrees and I don't. I can read models just as good as anyone else. (Well, ok, some of you have me beat there!) As Robert has so aptly put it before, forecasting weather is more than just regurgitating model output. The one good thing that I guess I can say concerning HM's forecast with Isaac is that at least he's not afraid to be wrong. He made a forecast. He's sticking to it rather than wriggling with each model run. If he's wrong, he's wrong. We all are at some point.

This post is not directed at any one poster. It's just a general post and I found the most recent example to which to reply.

Calc.... I like hype, which I think is what irks folks! I've lived in Ga. all my life. I know in my heart of hearts it won't snow, or if it does it will be on someone else, lol. And if I actually get some snow it will be anti climatic because it will melt before it falls good :) That's why I love sleet. At least that stuff sticks around a while. I've seen heavy hail that is better than Ga. snow, because even in mid summer it lasts a while, lol. So, I like reading Henry because he can get me all excited about something I know won't happen, but hype makes the long empty winters, like the last one go better, with hope, even if forlorn. I grew up on weather casts that lasted a minute or so, and rarely mentioned the weather, because it got in the way of happy talk. And if sleet/snow showed up on some model, the weather personality would say, "I have to mention this, but it probably won't happen". So, now, if some weathercaster says, "the storm to end all storms has shown up on the models, and it may end the world as we know it", I still know it won't happen, but it sure beats the heck out of what I got as a kid, lol.

Now I have the knowledge to predict for myself, and it turns out I"m not much worse than the talking heads, as long as I go with "it probably won't happen", lol. But, I hype it up a lot to myself, just to make the flow go not so slow :) T

I hope it goes to the midwest when it comes inland. They need more rain than we do in NC. I guess GA needs some rain, too. I just think NC has had enough. This is one of the wettest summers I can recall. My grass is never usually still green in August. And I am tired of cutting it every week.

I defiantly would like for it to bust the drought in Georgia...I could handle 1-2 inches of rain here. Anymore than that, then flooding would immense.

Calc.... I like hype, which I think is what irks folks! I've lived in Ga. all my life. I know in my heart of hearts it won't snow, or if it does it will be on someone else, lol. And if I actually get some snow it will be anti climatic because it will melt before it falls good :) That's why I love sleet. At least that stuff sticks around a while. I've seen heavy hail that is better than Ga. snow, because even in mid summer it lasts a while, lol. So, I like reading Henry because he can get me all excited about something I know won't happen, but hype makes the long empty winters, like the last one go better, with hope, even if forlorn. I grew up on weather casts that lasted a minute or so, and rarely mentioned the weather, because it got in the way of happy talk. And if sleet/snow showed up on some model, the weather personality would say, "I have to mention this, but it probably won't happen". So, now, if some weathercaster says, "the storm to end all storms has shown up on the models, and it may end the world as we know it", I still know it won't happen, but it sure beats the heck out of what I got as a kid, lol.

Now I have the knowledge to predict for myself, and it turns out I"m not much worse than the talking heads, as long as I go with "it probably won't happen", lol. But, I hype it up a lot to myself, just to make the flow go not so slow :) T

You are a laid back kinda guy, sir, and I appreciate and enjoy reading your posts. I don't know that I've ever seen (by the contents of your post) you get all upset about anything. You seem to enjoy it all, as long as it's weather. We share that common theme even if we live several hundred miles apart. If I could wish a big snowstorm on anyone in this forum, it would be you, sir. I think a lot posters would echo that sentiment too. As many empty winters as you must have lived through south of Atlanta, you deserve to get a whole foot of it one day. Maybe that's what heaven will be like for those winter-weather-lovers amongst us...

Here's hoping that hype turns to reality this winter... :pepsi:

You are a laid back kinda guy, sir, and I appreciate and enjoy reading your posts. I don't know that I've ever seen (by the contents of your post) you get all upset about anything. You seem to enjoy it all, as long as it's weather. We share that common theme even if we live several hundred miles apart. If I could wish a big snowstorm on anyone in this forum, it would be you, sir. I think a lot posters would echo that sentiment too. As many empty winters as you must have lived through south of Atlanta, you deserve to get a whole foot of it one day. Maybe that's what heaven will be like for those winter-weather-lovers amongst us...

Here's hoping that hype turns to reality this winter... :pepsi:

+1 :wub:

Wow, Calc, thanks for the kind words!! I don't know how you and Miss Columbia 2011 knew it was "say nice things to Tony" day. That announcement usually only goes out in my head :)

I wish I could say I loved all weather true and true, but as I've grown older, I have begun to resent summer a bit. Back when I could chase babes in skimpy bikini's on spring break, or later, naked hippie chicks at 4th of July Pop Festivals, I thought summer was just part of the wonderful smogasbord of weather, but now that I would get arrested, even if I could chase, summer often seems more like something to endure, while awaiting winter, lol. And now I have more winters behind me than I do ahead, I kind of wish is was late fall, then winter, then early spring all the time :) Of course this is all subject to change if my few stocks take off and I become a rich bazillionaire and have a 70 foot yacht like SnoJoe, and could head out to Tahiti, I bet I'd change my mind right back, lol.

As for temprament, I have to confess that I do get exercised, but maybe I hide it better in my dotage :) Just a few years back when Atl got a historic, city closing sleet and snow, I got a lousy inch as the front screamed thru, and I am still whinning and crying about that now, and resent those spoiled Atlanta people, though mostly in jest :) No, I think the one who best epitimizes your description would be my buddy, Larry, who actually is contented by all weather, I believe. He has this irratating Weather Zen attitude that he knows irks me....just look at his avatar. He flaunts it at me, knowing my waters are not so very calm, like his, lol.

And I'd be amiss if I didn't say, I get pretty good winter weather down here, just not as often, or heavy as you guys, but at least as good as when I lived in Atl. But I'll sure take your wishes for a big snow, and run with it. I would love just once to see all the southeast blanketed by a blizzard that covered us all. Man, that would be heaven, I'd think. White out conditions over the whole southeast...man, oh, man :))

You are mighty kind, and I'll use your words to try and spur myself to better inner behavior! Tony

Wow, Calc, thanks for the kind words!! I don't know how you and Miss Columbia 2011 knew it was "say nice things to Tony" day. That announcement usually only goes out in my head :)

I wish I could say I loved all weather true and true, but as I've grown older, I have begun to resent summer a bit. Back when I could chase babes in skimpy bikini's on spring break, or later, naked hippie chicks at 4th of July Pop Festivals, I thought summer was just part of the wonderful smogasbord of weather, but now that I would get arrested, even if I could chase, summer often seems more like something to endure, while awaiting winter, lol.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Wow! The stories you must be able to tell...

Bring on winter!!

I wish I could say I loved all weather true and true, but as I've grown older, I have begun to resent summer a bit. Back when I could chase babes in skimpy bikini's on spring break, or later, naked hippie chicks at 4th of July Pop Festivals, I thought summer was just part of the wonderful smogasbord of weather, but now that I would get arrested, even if I could chase, summer often seems more like something to endure, while awaiting winter, lol.

Nice post, mostly. I have a few years on you I think, but I've got to tell you something. If I see a naked woman the chase is on whatever the season. :)

Lol, Burns.....shhhhh...can't let on the monkey can still beg for coins :) I'm 65, so I'm not old, I just play an old guy for sympathy sex, lol.

You know, todays youth just don't seem to have the same affinity for being nekked we had back in the old days, but I'm with you, I'll chase in a minute ... but now a days I would have to play the nice, old fool so I can get a head start :) T

Lol, Burns.....shhhhh...can't let on the monkey can still beg for coins :) I'm 65, so I'm not old, I just play an old guy for sympathy sex, lol.

You know, todays youth just don't seem to have the same affinity for being nekked we had back in the old days, but I'm with you, I'll chase in a minute ... but now a days I would have to play the nice, old fool so I can get a head start :) T

Ah. We are the same age then. I'm afraid of something my daddy told me way back when I was in my early teens, and started panting after any female in sight, will come true one day(but not today). He said, "Boy, you're like a dog chasing cars. If you catch one, then what?"

Mod going after Dacula on main board TS Isaac for posting a link to his website too often. Pretty petty in my book. Dacula has a good site. Hate seeing those types of comments. Boycotting the main board today.

He's a great poster and means absolutely no harm, which I have said quite a few times to everyone... but It's just the protocol/rule we have (especially during storm mode where we are more strict) and it has nothing to do with having anything against him. In fact, all the mods know and have said he's a good poster, including the ones you are referring to. It's just the rules for everyone, that's all.

The reason being is we have had so many who have a site spam the board and really abuse the board for their own benefit..plus when it happens we get lots of complaints when everyone does it. This has been a long standing rule.

I don't like airing out this in public (since I'm not sure if he wants it to be) but I wanted to make clear to you and everyone else that everyone on staff knows the type of person/poster he is, a very good one, and to please not take it out on the mods.They are just doing their job.

And we have discussed this with him and it should no longer be a problem.

Archived