• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
August 2012 Banter thread

Isopycnic

He's a great poster and means absolutely no harm, which I have said quite a few times to everyone... but It's just the protocol/rule we have (especially during storm mode where we are more strict) and it has nothing to do with having anything against him. In fact, all the mods know and have said he's a good poster, including the ones you are referring to. It's just the rules for everyone, that's all.

The reason being is we have had so many who have a site spam the board and really abuse the board for their own benefit..plus when it happens we get lots of complaints when everyone does it. This has been a long standing rule.

I don't like airing out this in public (since I'm not sure if he wants it to be) but I wanted to make clear to you and everyone else that everyone on staff knows the type of person/poster he is, a very good one, and to please not take it out on the mods.They are just doing their job.

And we have discussed this with him and it should no longer be a problem.

Honestly, him getting called out on the board is my gripe I guess. Thought he was a quality enough poster to at least get the discussion behind closed doors. That's why I said something... to at least offer some support since he was called out openly. I didn't even use that thread so as not to clog it up. Thanks for the update. Hope you get some rain next week.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One fun side of having a facebook account... getting to see one of the most 'arrogant' weather prognosticators calling out and sniping many of the forecasters (professional, amateur or otherwise), who stick to their guns, backed with facts , logic, and reasoning. Sure makes for some fun reading :D

On the other side of the coin, it's also good to see Mets who admit their forecasts (in this case, Isaac's track) were a bust, explain why and how they were wrong, and just keep plugging along.

I love the Internet! :)

One fun side of having a facebook account... getting to see one of the most 'arrogant' weather prognosticators calling out and sniping many of the forecasters (professional, amateur or otherwise), who stick to their guns, backed with facts , logic, and reasoning. Sure makes for some fun reading :D

On the other side of the coin, it's also good to see Mets who admit their forecasts (in this case, Isaac's track) were a bust, explain why and how they were wrong, and just keep plugging along.

I love the Internet! :)

If we are talking about the same person, I enjoyed seeing DT get his panties all in a bunch on another forecaster's page and then getting slapped around by said forecaster. That was really, really entertaining.

But, Psalm, out beyond 15 days strange thing occur, according to quantum wave theory, where snow exists in all places simultaniously, and a prediction is equally valid in all times and probabilities. That which is nearly impossible, or at least highly improvable at 14 days., becomes increasingly probable as you near the event horizon at 25 days.

Or not, lol. T

Archived