• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer update: With June in the books and modestly cooler than normal, the regional string is broken

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome weather shaping up next week at least Sun-Wed....slightly below normal with highs in the 70s and lows in the lower 50s.

Sunday through Monday Night

Mostly clear. Highs in the mid 70s. Lows in the lower 50s.

Tuesday through Wednesday

Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s. Lows in the lower 50s.

The models are beginning to outline an evolution I was talking about a while back. As the wavelengths shorten after this brief spring interlude from the -NAO, the Bermuda High / WAR would show up, affecting the East Coast. This was during the whole retrogression process as the core of the anticyclone shifts into the West mid-July.

Let's see if the NWP holds onto this idea.

Ahh I actually do remember HM talking about this connection with ozone..doesnt the proton flux come into play here as well?

Thanks for the explanation.

He explained it nicely. The proton flux destroys ozone and cools the polar stratosphere. There are also other connections to Tropical and Subtropical temperature and wind profile (with solar activity), especially in the upper troposphere and stratosphere.

The models are beginning to outline an evolution I was talking about a while back. As the wavelengths shorten after this brief spring interlude from the -NAO, the Bermuda High / WAR would show up, affecting the East Coast. This was during the whole retrogression process as the core of the anticyclone shifts into the West mid-July.

Let's see if the NWP holds onto this idea.

Nice call... Though the euro particularly is painting a TON of precip across the Southeast and eventually up the entire eastern seaboard for days 7-10, as this WAR builds. not sure what that means for our temps, but verbatim it looks much more substantial than simple ring of fire aftn t-storms

There is absolutely nothing pleasant about a muggy tropical wet flow up the east coast. Who the heck would hope for that? LOL 85/72 stuff with downpours everyday ...what fun...

I'd prefer this current pattern to that any day. At least the Joe's of the world can enjoy their beaches.

Nice call... Though the euro particularly is painting a TON of precip across the Southeast and eventually up the entire eastern seaboard for days 7-10, as this WAR builds. not sure what that means for our temps, but verbatim it looks much more substantial than simple ring of fire aftn t-storms

Quite a difference between here & there. Lots of clouds here--mid/upper 60s depending on the station.

Just the way a summer day should be in NNE. :scooter:

Suns out over this way now and up to 70F.

Tomorrow mid 80s...but after that it's 70s through Wednesday at least. Nice stretch of weather coming up.

I was going to go into the City to work today or tomorrow, but thought better of it. I'm not gonna subject myself to that. LOL I'm targeting next Tuesday now when it should be more tolerable.

It's a summer day here but dew point down to upper 50's now so bearable.

The heat from nyc southwest has been relentless everyday its 90 by 11am and lows have been near 80 for the past week at least

Yeah ....saw the changes overnight. Actually, they started 2 days ago.. Shortly after those posts mid way through page 2, where we described and incredible negative anomalous vibe about the general circulation, the whole of the hemisphere crepted away a bit in each cycle of the teleconnector layout. As of last night, that 3rd nadir in the NAO prognostics is all but gone, and more than half the members completely neutralized the domain; and in fact a few of them are actually positive to some varying degree heading in to week 2.

Meanwhile the operational version of the Euro and GFS have completely reversed their tune wrt to that deep trough/polar vortex idea. As outlined, the polar vortex idea of the Euro was laughable as it had it 3 or 4 days ago; you knew it was carving heights too deeply in SE Canada in it's late middle/extended range - a bias I have noticed/noted since mid winter. But seeing the expected correction go this far, where we only have 2 days of suppressed heights the continentally go above normal is pretty intriguing.

Archived