• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer update: With June in the books and modestly cooler than normal, the regional string is broken

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's like scooter was referring to the other day...almost winter nina like with the temp gradient.

We've been lucky so far this summer keeping the heat mostly to our SW...its been sneaking into SW SNE, but a lot of region has had pretty comfortable weather.

Even this coming weekend, we'll escape the worst of it. It will still be warmer than normal, but that gross stuff with +20-24C 850s stays SW of us for the most part.

We've been lucky so far this summer keeping the heat mostly to our SW...its been sneaking into SW SNE, but a lot of region has had pretty comfortable weather.

Even this coming weekend, we'll escape the worst of it. It will still be warmer than normal, but that gross stuff with +20-24C 850s stays SW of us for the most part.

yeah that stuff just gets shunted SE.

hopefully with the heat ridge heading west...we just end up warm/humid but not hot humid in the extended period. a lot of guidance today has a boundary hung up off the coast later next week...if that WAR can flex its muscle a bit...maybe we end up with some rain. i'm interested to see the 12z ec ens and how it handles that.

yeah that stuff just gets shunted SE.

hopefully with the heat ridge heading west...we just end up warm/humid but not hot humid in the extended period. a lot of guidance today has a boundary hung up off the coast later next week...if that WAR can flex its muscle a bit...maybe we end up with some rain. i'm interested to see the 12z ec ens and how it handles that.

Still looks like that could happen in the long range. Nothing really changed too much.

Good lord....Philly with a T1 temperature of 36C 18Z Saturday. 105ish at the surface?

We will be hot Saturday, but that's it for a while. At least the MA gets a break next week with a lot of rain, while we get some cooler and drier air for a few days. Maybe wetter later in the week.

High of 91 low of 73

+9 on the day.

Saturday looks like a furnace.

Another world down there man... luckily you love that weather!

You're overnight low is very close to my daytime high.

This is going to be the summer of the temp gradient. Progged for another nice night in the low 50s tonight, with mid 80s tomorrow. I love this weather... a hot day here or there, mixed in with generally comfortable summer weather.

Another world down there man... luckily you love that weather!

You're overnight low is very close to my daytime high.

This is going to be the summer of the temp gradient. Progged for another nice night in the low 50s tonight, with mid 80s tomorrow. I love this weather... a hot day here or there, mixed in with generally comfortable summer weather.

There could be a pretty good temp gradient in terms of departures by the middle of the month. We were putting up +5s today, while NYC southward was putting up double digit departures. Another scorcher there tomorrow while we have weather similar to today.

85/61

Another beautiful evening, looking forward to the searing sizzle tomorrow and especially on Saturday, and even next weeks normal to slightly above........nice little change here. This string of weather has been something to behold, I mean its truly been sunsational. GInxy's summer of Steve has been flawless.

The drum beats are growing louder for possible ridge intrusion later next week into the second half of July, sounds good and I am rethinking my temp guesses in the monthly forecast thread, might be way too low. I think bdr was +5.6 through yesterday, +9 today, similiar tomorrow and double digits saturday. Looks like week one will close out with massive + departures and yes its the first week of the month and much easier to affect the monthly average, but at the same time a big number is being throw up. Obviously this will be month 17 at bdr, no question about that, think about that.........its simply amazing. Nice gradient so far for orh and bos, the heat will tickle everyone this weekend but it looked downright autumnal in eastern mass today.

But despite how much worse it is here, the dp's have dropped considerably atm, last count was 50 at Central Park (though with a temp. of 90F). It actually feels fairly comfortable outside. I know, short lived.

Yeah and the subway is still 110-ish. Can't wait until September.

85/61

Another beautiful evening, looking forward to the searing sizzle tomorrow and especially on Saturday, and even next weeks normal to slightly above........nice little change here. This string of weather has been something to behold, I mean its truly been sunsational. GInxy's summer of Steve has been flawless.

The drum beats are growing louder for possible ridge intrusion later next week into the second half of July, sounds good and I am rethinking my temp guesses in the monthly forecast thread, might be way too low. I think bdr was +5.6 through yesterday, +9 today, similiar tomorrow and double digits saturday. Looks like week one will close out with massive + departures and yes its the first week of the month and much easier to affect the monthly average, but at the same time a big number is being throw up. Obviously this will be month 17 at bdr, no question about that, think about that.........its simply amazing. Nice gradient so far for orh and bos, the heat will tickle everyone this weekend but it looked downright autumnal in eastern mass today.

This post really made me laugh.

Interesting test for MOS this Saturday.....its been too warm during the heat episodes thus far, but it is not overly hot this time around.

BOS:

MET: 91F

MAV: 92F

BDL:

MET: 96F

MAV: 95F

ORH:

MET: 88F

MAV: 90F

That looks pretty reasonable

ORD running +11.8 through yesterday and today was 103/79. Inferno. Be hooey for the little bit of latitude and enough blocking to keep it warm and sometimes hot but overall reasonable. NYC westward is in the cooker.

MET going 104F for LGA and 101F for central park on Saturday. :lmao:

Man, that is forky and Joe heaven and heat misery for most of the rest of us, lol. There could be a decent gradient on saturday between an absolute oven and just a typically hot summer day...we'll have to see which side we end up on or if we end up right on the line.

MET going 104F for LGA and 101F for central park on Saturday. :lmao:

Man, that is forky and Joe heaven and heat misery for most of the rest of us, lol. There could be a decent gradient on saturday between an absolute oven and just a typically hot summer day...we'll have to see which side we end up on or if we end up right on the line.

I'm a little worried about the heat Saturday over performing with the trend. Also, Sunday lower td but sneaky hot?

I'm a little worried about the heat Saturday over performing with the trend. Also, Sunday lower td but sneaky hot?

I think Sunday won't be that hot...at least in terms of a surprise 90-92F day at BOS...there is a pretty darn potent Mid-level front. Could be like a 86-87F type day with low dews though. We'll have to track the front progress though...if it gets hung up a bit, then I could see the sneakier hot scenario. But the front has seemed to speed up a tad on today's guidance.

Saturday I agree with you though...I could see this being the first real day so far that over-performs during a heat dome...but its far from certain. There could be a mini-bust too north of the pike. Cloud debris could be an issue we might have to watch for too close to that boundary. It will just depend on where it sets up...just south of that boundary you could get a nice compressional enhancement.

August may be one of those months that are tricky. Everyone has 2002 in their mind but there is the chance it won't be nearly as warm. I guess it could be warmer if we have a nina like August, but I'm not in the torch camp quite yet.

We have to be careful of those rain events we sometimes get August. Esp the 2nd half of the month. We can get some ugly easterly wind events like we rarely get in July. Also the rogue PV that sometimes comes down and gives Pete and Ashburnham a frost. Its not as straight forward as July sometimes in analyzing the pattern.

Archived