• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer update: With June in the books and modestly cooler than normal, the regional string is broken

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking 93-94 mainly thanks to a high launch.

I never really buy that whole high early launch stuff as I feel the atmosphere will mix to its potential regardless of the min this time of year so long as it is sunny. 17-18C has the potential to support 93-94F anyways though, but I'd probably hedge toward the MAV numbers with some clouds in the forecast.

I never really buy that whole high early launch stuff as I feel the atmosphere will mix to its potential regardless of the min this time of year so long as it is sunny. 17-18C has the potential to support 93-94F anyways though, but I'd probably hedge toward the MAV numbers with some clouds in the forecast.

Yeah often with an early launch in an atmosphere that doesn't support higher than like 95, you will see the temp jump to like 92-93 by 1pm and then just rot there for a few hours...maybe going up another degree.

once again for the majority of SNE (except extreme sw ct) the 850 temps as modeled appear (to me at least) to cool in the last 36 hours.

looks like the pike in sne will be around 17C 850 and NH/VT border with mass more like the 16c line. KTAN to PVD over to HFD looks like the 18c line and Sw ct. may make a run at 20C

boston prob. 92 ...orh my guess is 88 KTAN 94 DXR 96-97

once again for the majority of SNE (except extreme sw ct) the 850 temps as modeled appear (to me at least) to cool in the last 36 hours.

looks like the pike in sne will be around 17C 850 and NH/VT border with mass more like the 16c line. KTAN to PVD over to HFD looks like the 18c line and Sw ct. may make a run at 20C

boston prob. 92 ...orh my guess is 88 KTAN 94 DXR 96-97

Yeah it def looked like we might sneak into the 20C contour tomorrow a couple days ago, but no longer. We've been on the edge of each heat dome for the most part...we briefly got into it pretty good around June 21, but otherwise its been hedging cooler as we get closer.

Next week might have a couple days where the weather is as good as it gets here in the summer...like high 70s in the hills and low 80s elsewhere with low dewpoints.

Its amazing reading all of the other subforums where they are going for records and even some all time records...while we aren't even getting anything that notable. We really do suck at doing summer wx. Long live the -NAO where it keeps New England a bit cooler in the summer and everyone else bakes.

29p2lxu.jpg

Pretty muggy here. A/C is on...

Thinking about installing ceramic tile in our upstairs bathroom. Gotta rip up the ugly vinyl stuff, then get that cement board put in.

Sounds fun

Why would you have someone else put in the cement backer? It's easier than the tiling/grouting. The toilet flange might trip you up as you'll be raising the floor elevation by at least 3/4 of an inch. That and the door might need to be trimmed. Also, you might want to just pull the vanity as it will make durarocking and tiling easier (it always looks better to have the vanity set on top of the tile than to have a million cuts around the stupid thing). Of course this will require more plumbing and prep work. If you're going to re-do the floor you might as well paint the room before you tile. Also a good time to replace that noisy bath fan with a new, efficient quiet one. The tub and surround will probably look pretty crappy against all that new tile so you might as well rip that sh*t out and replace as well. I'd say you're looking at about $7,300.00 in materials, an additional $4,800 in sub-contractor bills ,about 3 months of work and a wife that's complaining that the bathroom isn't finished. Hopefully it's a second floor bathroom and Blizz's phantom heat wave finally materializes when you get started. So, about $12,000, a few months of aggravating labor, a wasted vacation and a sub-par bathroom that looks like a 'handyman' renovated it. Have fun!!!!!

Or pay a pro GC $15,000, get a perfectly executed rehab in about a week and never lift a finger. You happy homeowners crack me up.

The drought is going to worsen the next week to 10 days according to BOX..Good news for Happy Valley in NW Mass..so much for stalled front over us lol

LONG TERM /SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY/...

HIGHLIGHTS...

* LOOKS TO BE DRY OR AT LEAST MOSTLY DRY THROUGH THE ENTIRE

PERIOD

NO PARTICULAR PERIOD OF FOCUS FOR THE LONGER RANGE. REASONABLY

GOOD CONSISTENCY AMONG THE MEDIUM RANGE MODELS FOR THIS PERIOD

WITH RESPECT TO THE SYNOPTIC PATTERN. BROAD TROF OVER REGION

ALOFT AND WEAK SURFACE HIGH PRES COMBINE FOR WHAT LOOKS LIKE A

RELATIVELY BENIGN PERIOD. CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY EXPECTED TO BE

FOCUSED ALONG FRONTAL BOUNDARY WELL S OF THE AREA. DID BRING SOME

SLIGHT CHANCE POPS INTO THE AREA FOR THU AFTERNOON/EVENING WHEN

AIR MASS LOOKS TO BE MARGINALLY UNSTABLE AND WEAK SHORT WAVE

INDICATED BY MEDIUM RANGE MODELS. THIS FEATURE DOES NOT LOOK VERY

IMPRESSIVE ATTM AND SO NO MORE THAN SLIGHT CHANCE POPS INDICATED.

Ugliest and roughest night we've had in a while...thanks to clouds and rainfall the lowest I got was 67F which is an incredible low for this spot. Currently 68/67 with -RN.

67/67 in the bedroom when I woke up...water practically dripping off any cool object. Let's get this front through here.

Ugliest and roughest night we've had in a while...thanks to clouds and rainfall the lowest I got was 67F which is an incredible low for this spot. Currently 68/67 with -RN.

67/67 in the bedroom when I woke up...water practically dripping off any cool object. Let's get this front through here.

Ditto--68 & cloudy when I got up this morning. Rather close feeling out there.

I'm appreciating the cloud cover now though as it ought to keep us from getting into the sizzle too much.

Would've liked to see a good slug of rain as there isn't much in the future forecast but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Thankfully our well is in about the best possible spot it could be in on our land....

Why would you have someone else put in the cement

Or pay a pro GC $15,000, get a perfectly executed rehab in about a week and never lift a finger. You happy homeowners crack me up.

Pete, doing it all myself, including a new vanity. Did the painting and fan last summer.

I will let you know how much I save over crooked contractors.

Looks like 85F for my high today

Low of 70.7 and a current dew of 68.

Feels great out there..though I admit it made for a tough 12 mile run this morning.

Looks like days and days of low 80's for hills and 85-89 in the valleys Mon-Wed..then we increase the dews and humidity again Thursday onwards

Your torch Summer is pathetic. 80's are tough even in the middle of July.

Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 53. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

• Monday Sunny, with a high near 79. Light northwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
  • Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
  • Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
  • Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
  • Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.
  • Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 77.

Your torch Summer is pathetic. 80's are tough even in the middle of July.

Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 53. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

• Monday Sunny, with a high near 79. Light northwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
  • Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
  • Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
  • Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
  • Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.
  • Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.
  • Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 77.

Any idea how far above normal you are for July so far? You're a +5 right now lol

Any idea how far above normal you are for July so far? You're a +5 right now lol

Your stats and progs have been completely discredited by ouir wonderful trained mets. After all the embarrassing forecasts you've put out I'm surprised that you continue to spew.

Euro looks brutal days 7-10..Actually keeps us dry and then builds the heat over the top from the lakes and Eastern Canada..so we'd be 90's and sunny while the mid atl would be cooler with storms

These are the posts I love. They are cannon fodder for Scooter who will come in and correct your flawed interpretations of model output. The EURO at D-7 - D10, almost as bad as your forecasts for D1-D2. Give up on it dude. We're about halfway through Summer and nothing noteworthy has happened here as far as high heat is concerned. Yup, another week of highs in the 70's here in GC.

Archived