Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Cool down and trough return June 23rd-27th seals the deal

Ginx snewx

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at dailies and d8 was subnormal but that was the only day. Did I read it wrong?

I'm on my ipad, but d9 and d10 look below to me...

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/ecmwfens/12zecmwfenshourly850mbTempAnomalyNA216.gif

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/ecmwfens/12zecmwfenshourly850mbTempAnomalyNA240.gif

My source matches Allan's images here.

Pretty far out at any rate, smoothed ENS if the GFS and OP have a clue it's below normal. Plenty of time to see how it evolves, pretty clear signal from NAO, MJO and recurving typhoon. Andy agrees

Yes, I do!! Hovemoller Data supports this. Could be a brief 2 day "warm-up" around the 4th-5th of July but overall signals support less sumery weather end of June through first half of July.

Yes, I do!! Hovemoller Data supports this. Could be a brief 2 day "warm-up" around the 4th-5th of July but overall signals support less sumery weather end of June through first half of July.

OP Euro says this thread is a PHAIL..Above normal goes on and on and on

Hmmmm, let's see. The analysis of a veteran, well respected meteorologist or the ramblings of a delusional weenie that has been beating the torch drum despite the continued lack of anything close to hot. I guess I'll put my money on Andy as his track record is stellar. Blizz's track record is, well, if you can't say something nice......

Hmmmm, let's see. The analysis of a veteran, well respected meteorologist or the ramblings of a delusional weenie that has been beating the torch drum despite the continued lack of anything close to hot. I guess I'll put my money on Andy as his track record is stellar. Blizz's track record is, well, if you can't say something nice......

Pete...to be fair they both can be right.

Blizz just said "above normal" and Andy said a "less summery" appeal. Above normal doesn't always mean 90-100F and less summery doesn't have to mean below normal...just not 90F summer heat.

Given the past year it's not a wild guess to say above normal...that should be the default forecast until proven otherwise.

Pete...to be fair they both can be right.

Blizz just said "above normal" and Andy said a "less summery" appeal. Above normal doesn't always mean 90-100F and less summery doesn't have to mean below normal...just not 90F summer heat.

Given the past year it's not a wild guess to say above normal...that should be the default forecast until proven otherwise.

Folks are looking for any little thing to hang hats on to get temps normal or below. It just isn't in the cards folks. Not this summer..Maybe autumn or winter..but nothing below over the next 2-3 mths

when was your last -5 month? i can't remember the stats off the top of my head, but +5 months have been much easier to come by than -5 months

Folks are looking for any little thing to hang hats on to get temps normal or below. It just isn't in the cards folks. Not this summer..Maybe autumn or winter..but nothing below over the next 2-3 mths

How convenient for you that you think above normal through the summer months and then possibly below normal by fall and winter. Didn't you say you like hot summers and cold fall/winter ;)

when was your last -5 month? i can't remember the stats off the top of my head, but +5 months have been much easier to come by than -5 months

just a quick check:

okx's climate page goes back to 2007.

+5 or greater months at ewr:

oct 07 +7.1

march 10 +6.0

april 10 +5.6

july 10 +5.1

july 11 +5.5

dec 11 +6.0

jan 12 +5.4

feb 12 +5.9

march 12 +9.2