Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE BANTER BANTER BANTER BANTER

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so 30 seconds ago 3G

anyway, looking more and more likely afternoon sessions impacted in WCT, WMA, Hubbs little league practice in doubt too. Bummer for the kid.

Tonight it is an actual game. Bad enough that the schedule had 10 days between games...now we might have to wait until Friday. I think he has 5 games in the next week or so if they get it in...

I do have to cook burgers and dogs, and the grill is not covered... ulp

so john your not seeing the hot weather materialize for new england in the near term.

i haven't been on the board alot this spring (winter is when i live here lol) but i was under impression we would be seeing a few days near 90 ....sun-tues or late next week

"Near terms" in Met parlance refers to the first 24 hours ...so no. But I think what you mean is over the next 5 days, which fyi, includes short range and the middle range.

Without a decent recession in the 800 to surface thicknesses, any day dawning sunnier than this puke we are stuck with over SNE right now will soar to 80. In terms of 90 heat? Not likely in these next 5 days.

Dear God! Some object appeared briefly overhead and it got really bright out. Can't fathom what it might have been.

Must've been some type of UFO becasue it disappeared as quickly as it came. lol

A little more of that and maybe you can trigger a TS...

I am doubting my area sees more than a passing shower to make the mosqitos even better

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH NUMBER 280

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

120 PM EDT WED MAY 16 2012

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

WESTERN CONNECTICUT

WESTERN AND CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS

WESTERN MAINE

MUCH OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

EASTERN NEW YORK

NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA

VERMONT

EFFECTIVE THIS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING FROM 120 PM UNTIL

900 PM EDT.

HAIL TO 2 INCHES IN DIAMETER...THUNDERSTORM WIND GUSTS TO 70

MPH...AND DANGEROUS LIGHTNING ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS.

THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH AREA IS APPROXIMATELY ALONG AND 110

STATUTE MILES EAST AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 25 MILES NORTHWEST OF

NEWPORT VERMONT TO 20 MILES SOUTH OF MONTICELLO NEW YORK. FOR A

COMPLETE DEPICTION OF THE WATCH SEE THE ASSOCIATED WATCH OUTLINE

UPDATE (WOUS64 KWNS WOU0).

REMEMBER...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE

FAVORABLE FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH

AREA. PERSONS IN THESE AREAS SHOULD BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR

THREATENING WEATHER CONDITIONS AND LISTEN FOR LATER STATEMENTS

AND POSSIBLE WARNINGS. SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAN AND OCCASIONALLY

DO PRODUCE TORNADOES.

DISCUSSION...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY THIS

AFTERNOON ACROSS MUCH OF EASTERN NY/NORTHEAST PA AND WESTERN NEW

ENGLAND AS AN UPPER TROUGH APPROACHES FROM THE WEST. STRONG DAYTIME

HEATING COUPLED WITH A MOIST BOUNDARY LAYER WILL RESULT IN MODERATE

CAPE VALUES AND LITTLE CINH. SHEAR PROFILES ARE FAVORABLE FOR

ORGANIZED/SUPERCELL STORMS CAPABLE OF DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL.

AVIATION...A FEW SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH HAIL SURFACE AND ALOFT

TO 2 INCHES. EXTREME TURBULENCE AND SURFACE WIND GUSTS TO 60

KNOTS. A FEW CUMULONIMBI WITH MAXIMUM TOPS TO 450. MEAN STORM

MOTION VECTOR 26030.

WITH CONTINUED HEATING AND LITTLE CIN...STORMS WILL LIKELY FORM BY

18-19Z. THE STRONGEST FORCING WILL BE NEAR THE FRONT...BUT OTHER

STORMS MAY FORM FARTHER E IN THE INSTABILITY AXIS. WITH FAVORABLE

DEEP LAYER FLOW AND INCREASING SPEED SHEAR WITH HEIGHT...SUPERCELLS

WILL BE LIKELY CAPABLE OF LARGE HAIL...PERHAPS UP TO GOLF BALL SIZE.

Nice weather for golf tonight?

Yeah, I played a terrible round. I made it all the way through Winter, slept in the snow, skinned miles and miles in the cold and never once got sick. Now that the warm weather is here I catch a cold. Just didn't have my mojo at 100% and I made a ton of errors. Just need a good night of sleep. League tomorrow night, tied for first after one week so I need to pull my sh*t together before my tee time.

Yeah, I played a terrible round. I made it all the way through Winter, slept in the snow, skinned miles and miles in the cold and never once got sick. Now that the warm weather is here I catch a cold. Just didn't have my mojo at 100% and I made a ton of errors. Just need a good night of sleep. League tomorrow night, tied for first after one week so I need to pull my sh*t together before my tee time.

Summer colds are a b**ch. Feel better Pete!

39/38, cool and comfy. Looks like a nice day in the 60's with more 30's tonight. Perfect summer weather. Disappointed once again to find the staff has not corrected their mistake as I am still unable to join my friends in OT. It probably just slipped their minds because of all the T-storm action. Hopefully my OT friends will come by to say hi again today although they usually drop in when most people are working. I wonder if they work?

Hey Scooter. My friend is looking for a window to fly into Denali in the next few days. I've sent him the link to the psu e-wall and he is asking me to "ask your met friends for an overall outlook for the next few weeks". They plan to summit and ski off. We had wanted to do this when I was there but weather and time did not allow. Any input in the most general of terms would be appreciated. So jealous.lol

Hey Scooter. My friend is looking for a window to fly into Denali in the next few days. I've sent him the link to the psu e-wall and he is asking me to "ask your met friends for an overall outlook for the next few weeks". They plan to summit and ski off. We had wanted to do this when I was there but weather and time did not allow. Any input in the most general of terms would be appreciated. So jealous.lol

I really don't know that area well man. I couldn't tell ya. It still looks troughy over the next 10-14 days. It may be one of those things where you just hope for a 24 hr window and do it.....like a nowcast thing.

No fighting no biting.

Gorgeous day today.....looking forward to our little getaway to Denver tonight.

Memorial Day Weekend looks as well behaved as the wx has been lately..as in seasonal for rapidly oncoming late spring/summer here in SNE. Nice summer incoming IMHO. Not too hot, not too cool...just right.

I really don't know that area well man. I couldn't tell ya. It still looks troughy over the next 10-14 days. It may be one of those things where you just hope for a 24 hr window and do it.....like a nowcast thing.

Thanks Scott. They're pretty well dialed in but I think he's looking for any info he can to be prepared. They'll be on the mountain for 3 weeks and completely at the mercy of the elements. You feel very small in that environment. Very ballsy excursion.Fook up and die sort of thing. I'll be thinking of them a lot.

39/38, cool and comfy. Looks like a nice day in the 60's with more 30's tonight. Perfect summer weather. Disappointed once again to find the staff has not corrected their mistake as I am still unable to join my friends in OT. It probably just slipped their minds because of all the T-storm action. Hopefully my OT friends will come by to say hi again today although they usually drop in when most people are working. I wonder if they work?

I'm going to address you (because I have to) as a staff member and put my personal bias aside for a moment.

I'm going to ask you to cease and desist with continually bringing up your issues with your bannings, which were a result of a unanimous staff decision. Not only is this against the board's TOS, this is not the proper place for you to do this. If you wish to address any grievance with the punitive action that was taken against you as a result of your behavior in multiple subforums, you can start a private thread in PMs and CC all admins and request that this issue be discussed. To date, no staff member has put in a request for your bannings to be lifted or discussed, so I cannot promise you that the issue will be brought up again, but I'm asking you to do it through the proper channel and not here. This is not the venue for that.

The issue was dropped by me 3 days ago in a closed thread. There is no need to continually bring it up here and I'm advising you to stop. Let this serve as a first informal warning.

The admins you need to PM are dendrite, Ian, wow and myself and we can go from there. Thanks.

Archived