Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Vermont Key City Marathon -Wx and disco thread

Damage In Tolland

No reason to pat self on back.

We are still thinking the low 70's is likely too low...Scooter's 76-82 is more likely for the daytime high..

It will be nice to run in temps in the 60-70 degree range with dews in the low 50's.

Nah I never made any call so no back-patting here. I just think from 10 days out you'll be right more often than wrong going closer to climo than record heat (or cold depending on the situation). However I do know that there is no excitement in cheering for near normal, but I think in this case it'll do you more good than cheering for record heat.

And regarding highs, yes, I could easily see upper 70s instead of low 70s. In the Champlain Valley (where you can sort of get downsloped from all angles except northerly drainage flow), its usually better to hedge a few degrees warmer. The flip side is that with compressional warming, it'll also dry out the airmass a tad so you may end up with a high a few degrees warmer, but lower RH, bringing those classic warm season days of 80/50 or something like that.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah and good luck dude... hope you like BTV. I'm glad the running weather will be good... I'm bummed I won't be around though because BTV was always fun on Marathon weekend; good vibe in town.

When driving up there in the Bolton Flats between Waterbury/Stowe and Richmond exits (exit 10-11) on I-89, just imagine driving those long flat stretches through the Spine in 2"/hr upslope with 40mph NW winds ;)

Yeah and 70's in the PM..with storms late. Can't ask for better.

Salt tablets and carbo loading today FTL

This morning BTV saw the wind shift from SSW to NW and dewpoints plummeted from 64F to now 49F as of 12pm.

Beautiful Saturday in progress with sun and 76/49 at BTV. Going to be perfect tomorrow morning with overnight lows possibly upper 40s.

I'm at Ben and Jerry's near Stowe

Nice I know a few peeps that work there. You're like 10-15 min from Stowe Village.

Just think you are now in a zone with likely the highest annual snowfall for areas under 1000ft elevation in New England except up near Vim Toot. B and J is probably like 600ft but gets like 100-130" per year depending on how often you measure.

Yeah... Burlington rocks. It's a fun city... great vibe... good people.

Congrats on the time CT Blizz and yeah great city. Spent 6 awesome years right in downtown a couple blocks from Church Street...will always cherish those times.

Under 4 hours is a pretty sweet time.

Archived