• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vermont Key City Marathon -Wx and disco thread

Damage In Tolland

Erie, Michigan, Ontario, Huron, Superior, then Champ? Really?

I'm retarded... Its not. Its just considered the Sixth Great Lake due to some legislation signed by Clinton that allowed funds to be available for environmental reasons or something along those lines, similar to the other 5 Great Lakes. Wikipedia says its the 13th largest lake by area, however there are some websites that say its the 6th largest "freshwater" lake. I have no idea what's true and what's not, haha.

"The President of the United States signed Senate Bill 927 and it became Public Law 105-160 on March 6, 1998. Therefore, Lake Champlain is now the sixth Great Lake.

Additional note: Due to the wording in the law, "The term `Great Lakes' includes Lake Champlain," and its location in the "definitions" section of the law may indicate that Lake Champlain is not really designated as a Great Lake but only for the purposes of this act."

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude..I am very worried right now.

I don't care about some cooling Champlain lake breeze. If that Euro ens mean verifires those are life threatening running conditions. 90 is one thing with low dews...but 90+ over 65-70 dews is murder

And what happens if a front hangs up with clouds and shwrs while we are 90? I mean so much could happen. It looks warm right now, but way to early to worry about details.

Says cold front comes thru Monday . Mem. Day..Which would mean Sunday would be the hottest day

Well good luck with nailing down those details 288hrs out...lol. I'll stick with 75-82. Probably closer to 80-82 for now. I do think the main cold front could hold off until Monday...I see that. But, I could see temps around that level...especially with wind off lake too.

I dunno dude..Looks to me like the biggest heat is actually Sunday as fropa isn't till Monday.

I bet we'll have some nice storms up there over on either Sunday night or Monday

I think given race time and it seems like Saturday is peak....I like high 70s-low 80s in the 8am-12pm time frame. That setup does argue for decent storms at some point during weekend.

Time to tweet RunVermont and let them know the forecast. Need to get word out..Much worse than Boston was

Just take a dip in the lake as you run next to it...with water temps mid 40s you can go from dying of heat stroke to freezing to death via hypothermia in a very short time. Your body will love it.

Hype. Life is boring without hype.

It will not be 90F before 12pm...even in a very humid airmass itll be 65-75F at 10am. If BTV goes 90-95F record heat, it'll be at like 3-5pm... by then he's driving back to CT.

That's my whole point. Of course it will be warm...it's freaking Memorial Weekend. But it won't be 90 at 9am. It can hit 110 at 4pm..who cares by that point. These over the top plumes may not be all that humid too. Hopefully dews near or just under 60.

Archived