Newest Member
    joxey
Vermont Key City Marathon -Wx and disco thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:weenie:

BTV point forecast looks nice for the weekend.... lows in the 50s, highs in the upper 70s to near 80F. Just about perfect and probably near average Memorial Day weekend weather.

For 280ft in Burlington.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 77.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 54.

Memorial Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

BTV point forecast looks nice for the weekend.... lows in the 50s, highs in the upper 70s to near 80F. Just about perfect and probably near average Memorial Day weekend weather.

For 280ft in Burlington.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 77.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 54.

Memorial Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

believe BTV normal high on mem Day is 71..so above to much above..but better than we were thinking..though I's still fearful of a warm bump up as we get closer

believe BTV normal high on mem Day is 71..so above to much above..but better than we were thinking..though I's still fearful of a warm bump up as we get closer

ahhh interesting... haha, I just always think of Memorial Day as being like summer and that temps should be near 80F. Anyway, if its a +10F on the high, given how warm its been in recent months, that just doesn't seem all that much.

Eitherway, that's a beautiful forecast for outdoor activities on Memorial Day weekend... still, some friends were out on the lake fishing yesterday when BTV hit 88F, and they needed hoodies because it felt like it was in the 60s sitting in a boat a few feet off the water surface. Gotta remember its still cold water boating if you're out on the lake this weekend.

Disaster looms larger today.

From the official forecasters for the KVBCM

RACE DAY FORECAST

Uh oh?

Yesterday it looked like Race Day would be cooler than the days leading up to it. Today, there is conflicting forecast information that could make a huge difference in how the weather turns out on Sunday.

The problem is a cold front that will be coming at us from the north. Some of the forecast information has the cold front moving through and being well to our south on Sunday. That means fairly cool conditions for the race - lows in the low/mid 50s and highs in the low/mid 70s.

But if the front gets hung up to our north, which is indicated in some of our forecast data, then temperatures could soar as high as the upper 80s!

BTV AFD sounds promising for the race as long as the timing holds true.

http://forecast.weat...1&highlight=off

.THE PERIOD WILL START WITH A COLD FRONT TRAVERSING OVER THE FCST AREA. 00Z GFS AND ECMWF DIFFER ON TIMING OF FRONTAL PASSAGE...BUT BOTH MODELS SHOW FRONT LINGERING ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST BY SATURDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD IN AT THE SFC FROM SOUTHERN QUEBEC...GIVING A SHORT DRY PERIOD ON SATURDAY INTO EARLY SUNDAY. LATE SUNDAY...MODEL GUIDANCE INDICATES AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE/WEAK SHORT WAVE WILL MOVE OVER THE REGION...WITH AN UPPER LEVEL JET TO OUR NORTH. INCREASED INSTABILITY LATE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY WITH GFS INDICATING CAPE VALUES OVER 1000J/KG AND NEGATIVE LIFTED INDICES. ECMWF KEEPS THE HIGH CAPE VALUE TO OUR SOUTH.

Yeah a bit..but more often than not you'll probably have temps in the 60's or maybe low 70's..esp. for a morning marathon in a northern locale in late May.

Sounds about right! Disaster averted. High of 72F (likely at like 4pm in the afternoon, many hours after race is finished) means you're likely low 60s to start and upper 60s to finish. Perfect running weather... a drier North Country airmass out of Canada with temps in the 60s.

Good luck with the race! I hear Vermont is a great race. I'm running a half in Boston this Sunday. I hope Saturday's heat and humidity move out be then. Not much shade in Boston and along the Charles river.

I survived the Boston scorchfest this year but it was ridiculous. I'd seriously think twice about doing that again. Since we're talking marathon weather anyone want to take a stab at Worcester for June 3'd at 7am?

Good luck with the race! I hear Vermont is a great race. I'm running a half in Boston this Sunday. I hope Saturday's heat and humidity move out be then. Not much shade in Boston and along the Charles river.

I survived the Boston scorchfest this year but it was ridiculous. I'd seriously think twice about doing that again. Since we're talking marathon weather anyone want to take a stab at Worcester for June 3'd at 7am?

The 12z ECM shows a large-scale blocking pattern across Canada by early June as the -NAO translates westward, and it even has some sub 0C 850s entering the US. I'd think the Northeast would be cooler by that point.

This actually could be great running wx...lol.

Looks like we know not to always be hyping deadly heat all summer... the EURO's days and days of upper 80s and lower 90s never even came close to materializing. 7-10 days ago all we heard was big, big heat incoming, massive H5 ridging, Tip even mentioned Sonoran heat possibly getting involved.

In the end, its a run of the mill late May/early June temperatures with highs ranging from 73-81F over the next 7 days.

As far as running weather.... wow.... low of 51F on Saturday night means a beautiful start to the day on Sunday morning for running. That'll mean low dews and comfy temperatures if a low of 51F is only rebounding to the low 70s by later in the afternoon.

Looks like we know not to always be hyping deadly heat all summer... the EURO's days and days of upper 80s and lower 90s never even came close to materializing. 7-10 days ago all we heard was big, big heat incoming, massive H5 ridging, Tip even mentioned Sonoran heat possibly getting involved.

In the end, its a run of the mill late May/early June temperatures with highs ranging from 73-81F over the next 7 days.

As far as running weather.... wow.... low of 51F on Saturday night means a beautiful start to the day on Sunday morning for running. That'll mean low dews and comfy temperatures if a low of 51F is only rebounding to the low 70s by later in the afternoon.

Heat and thunderstorms are two things you do not hype in New England. Just doesn't happen often.

No reason to pat self on back.

We are still thinking the low 70's is likely too low...Scooter's 76-82 is more likely for the daytime high..

It will be nice to run in temps in the 60-70 degree range with dews in the low 50's.

Archived