joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vermont Key City Marathon -Wx and disco thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the well wishes. It honestly means alot to me. Overall things went well. No real cramps this time until mile 25. Last 1.2 was tough. The biggest problem was running in the sun and time of day. It was broiling in the sun. Not difference running by the lake. A lot of folks needed medical attn which surprised me. At the finish line people were just collapsing. It was scary. I was nauseous and light headed for a good 45 minutes afterwards. The salt tablets I took the days prior def helped with the leg cramps. I had a brutal calf cramp episode while waiting in the food line afterwards. I mean there is nothing I can compare those types of cramps to except maybe labor pain for a female. I was on the 3:45 pace team and that was my goal. I finished I think at 3:50 even. Those results won't be official for 4-5 days that they posted. There's a different chip time vs gun time. Anyway thanks again guys.

Thanks for all the well wishes. It honestly means alot to me. Overall things went well. No real cramps this time until mile 25. Last 1.2 was tough. The biggest problem was running in the sun and time of day. It was broiling in the sun. Not difference running by the lake. A lot of folks needed medical attn which surprised me. At the finish line people were just collapsing. It was scary. I was nauseous and light headed for a good 45 minutes afterwards. The salt tablets I took the days prior def helped with the leg cramps. I had a brutal calf cramp episode while waiting in the food line afterwards. I mean there is nothing I can compare those types of cramps to except maybe labor pain for a female. I was on the 3:45 pace team and that was my goal. I finished I think at 3:50 even. Those results won't be official for 4-5 days that they posted. There's a different chip time vs gun time. Anyway thanks again guys.

And you know what that feels like lol.

Thanks for all the well wishes. It honestly means alot to me. Overall things went well. No real cramps this time until mile 25. Last 1.2 was tough. The biggest problem was running in the sun and time of day. It was broiling in the sun. Not difference running by the lake. A lot of folks needed medical attn which surprised me. At the finish line people were just collapsing. It was scary.

Congrats dude... I'm surprised it was that bad as far as the sun and people needing help. I remember last June doing the Lake Placid half marathon it was mid 70s but cloudy so it wasn't bad.

Just imagine if it was 90/70 like those ECM progs a week ago.

Actual verification after a month of speculation in this thread...

11am...67/47 with RH 49%

2pm...74/42 with RH 32%

Beautiful stuff when you get 70s with humidities down to 30%. Dews in low 40s are pretty nice too.

Congrats dude... I'm surprised it was that bad as far as the sun and people needing help. I remember last June doing the Lake Placid half marathon it was mid 70s but cloudy so it wasn't bad.

Just imagine if it was 90/70 like those ECM progs a week ago.

Actual verification after a month of speculation in this thread...

11am...67/47 with RH 49%

2pm...74/42 with RH 32%

Beautiful stuff when you get 70s with humidities down to 30%. Dews in low 40s are pretty nice too.

Thanks dude. All of my training is done in the dark early morn, or this time of year sun just coming up, so I'm not used to running in full sun like this. There were some tree lined areas that went thru the neighborhoods and you could feel at least a 10 degree diff if not more. Before this one I was 100% sure I would run one in the heat if I had to but now I would seriously reconsider. I prob should have worn a hat . But it bothers me when running and just becomes sweat soaked in like 5 minutes and starts dripping

Thanks dude. All of my training is done in the dark early morn, or this time of year sun just coming up, so I'm not used to running in full sun like this. There were some tree lined areas that went thru the neighborhoods and you could feel at least a 10 degree diff if not more. Before this one I was 100% sure I would run one in the heat if I had to but now I would seriously reconsider. I prob should have worn a hat . But it bothers me when running and just becomes sweat soaked in like 5 minutes and starts dripping

Yeah I hate running or hiking with a hat...just gets soaked and annoying. It also makes you hotter by trapping the heat lost by your head. I'm bummed you didn't get any cooling effect from the lake...sometimes the lake front Rec Path gets a nice cooling off the water that feels like someone opened a refridgerator door right next to you. Looking at the temps though, the thermal baroclinic zone between air temp and water temp wasn't that great so no local lake breeze occurred.

Archived