12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April 2012 General Discussion

Guru Of Reason

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the ensembles still look interesting for some in the region. What the OP does is almost meaningless if the big picture is not viewed. That said, an inch or two is probably the best most can hope for.

1 Wet Flurry is "nice" for me, especially in late April :lol:

Which all i'm really hoping for with this.. Some last flakes that's all..

It's not every year, the chances for a wet snow come up the last week of April! I'm rooting for a little extra, late season snowfall to put on the books after this miserable winter! Bonus snow! :)

It's not every year, the chances for a wet snow come up the last week of April! I'm rooting for a little extra, late season snowfall to put on the books after this miserable winter! Bonus snow! :)

Between the unexpected chance for "bonus snow" as you put it, and the hilarious reaction from some of the general public, it would be a nice thing to see.

I think there was a similar set-up end of April 1966 and the outcome was sleety snow leaving a coating to 2 inches in a stiff east wind, daytime temps 35-40 F (that being near Toronto). Looks to me like Friday could see lake effect mixed wintry showers sort of a deal, and then this wave on the weekend with possible 2-4 inch pockets in a long corridor of trace to 2 inches. Quite a change in pattern similar to 1945, which then stayed cold to mid-June.

Bluebird day around here. Perfect spring weather out there. Almost no wind...blue skies.

Watched a 747-400 fly overhead through my binoculars... Found it on Flightaware ..>Singapore to O'hare...probably coasting from LSE to Chicago...

Had 2 appts in the city today, great blue skys. Get home... Nothing but clouds. Sigh.

Down to 48° here after coming from 54° at 7:00pm. Expecting a normal low tonight around 40° tonight. Dewpoints in the 20s closer to the lake.

Holding steady at +1.6° for the month given today averaged out normal.

That's some impressive heat just west of this area! Maybe 90° in Ottumwa, IA! Currently 46° here.

Storms that do form tomorrow will have sufficient heating to work with!

temp21.gif

Very impressive heat out in Kansas too. Nearly 100 degrees on this map. Kinda makes you wonder if the cap will be stronger than progged further to the east over the severe threat zone with such instense heat upwind to the west-southwest. I guess that's a concern for the severe thread though.

I'm loving the model trend. Last few runs of the GFS have been failing to pull the coldest great lakes/se Canada air back into the upper midwest, and the now the 00z Euro has warmed up as well. 00z Euro never drops our 850 temp below +3 this weekend(still going to be a chilly rain) and then brings in milder air for several days next week. A nice stretch of weather would help me get all the garden stuff taken care of.

I'm loving the model trend. Last few runs of the GFS have been failing to pull the coldest great lakes/se Canada air back into the upper midwest, and the now the 00z Euro has warmed up as well. 00z Euro never drops our 850 temp below +3 this weekend(still going to be a chilly rain) and then brings in milder air for several days next week. A nice stretch of weather would help me get all the garden stuff taken care of.

yep yet another cold outbreak fail...remember the snowstorm the weenies were talking about a couple pages back :lol:

haven't seen a sub-freezing temp here since February

Is it me or have the models been very wet in the 120hr timeframe to only dry up by 48hrs this spring?

Yes.

Something interesting is happening here. Is drought breeding drought? There has been a slight improvement with respects to the developing weak drought but not enough.

yep yet another cold outbreak fail...remember the snowstorm the weenies were talking about a couple pages back :lol:

haven't seen a sub-freezing temp here since February

Remember when weenies were talking about the last week of April being very warm and erasing any minor departures? ;)

12z guidance continues to look very warm in the med range...last week of the month could erase any minor departures.

Archived