joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2012 General Discussion

Guru Of Reason

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DTX has a few tenths of an inch of snowfall accumulation in the forecast for the southeastern area. I know it won't amount to anything more then a few flakes resting on top of the grass and elevated areas, but still, that's obviously pretty unusual for the end of April. Especially when we could be looking at upper 70s and thunderstorms later on in the week.

Yes it would be unusual.

The record snow for tomorrow at DTW has a very high chance of at least being tied :lol: as it is a trace, set in 1977.

In fact the only measurable snows April 27th or later are as follows (in order of day, not year or amount)...and outside of 0.1" on May 3, 1954 & May 3, 2005, they are all from 1923 or earlier.

April 29, 1909: 3.0"

May 1, 1909: 0.3"

May 2, 1909: 0.1"

May 3, 1954: 0.1"

May 3, 2005: 0.1"

May 4, 1907: 0.2"

May 9, 1923: 6.0"

May 10, 1902: 0.5"

May 13, 1912: 1.5"

May 21, 1883: 2.3"

May 22, 1883: 2.7" (May 21/22 storm total 5.0").

24hr RUC keeps it all rain

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. I'm wondering how far north the precip. will actually make it with the drying NE winds. I see the grids have rain and snow for SE MI.

Any precip. that would make it in here now, would likely be rain and sleet with these really low dewpoints. Most dewpoints are between 15°-25° in the area. Feels like mid March!

Currently 41°/23°

Webster City Iowa just reported a wind gust of 79mph according to the metar.

EDIT: Now it says 81mph (70kts). Hmmm. Sounds a little erroneous, but they are underneath that narrow band of convection. Winds have been gusting between 40-50mph out there all day.

Those kinds of winds from that little bit of convection!!!? Wow.

Edit: Winds somewhat gusty here, but nothing like that. Almost feels winterish with low 30 wind chills.

Those kinds of winds from that little bit of convection!!!? Wow.

Edit: Winds somewhat gusty here, but nothing like that. Almost feels winterish with low 30 wind chills.

As far as I can tell DMX never put out a non-severe wind/severe wind report from this. If the metar was erroneous it sure would have been nice if they put out some kind of statement to at least refute the metar. I guess we'll never know whether it really happened or not.

Getting frequent 30mph easterly wind gusts as a new band of elevated/weakening thunderstorms spirals in.

Considering backpacking the UP this May. Basically hopeful that this dry weather continues well into mid May. Nothing worse than wading through ankle deep mud.

This weekend looks chilly. Mid 40s seem to low though. Upper 40s to a near chilly 50 seem more likely on Sat. Watching and waiting for the models to throttle up the highs in the next 3 runs

Worst Saturday weather all month so far. Just a ****y day out there.

How's that 50 degrees working out for you? Sorry, just a little bump troll fun. It is a raw, chilly day. I will be happy to not endure this weather again until late September/early October.

How's that 50 degrees working out for you? Sorry, just a little bump troll fun. It is a raw, chilly day. I will be happy to not endure this weather again until late September/early October.

What's the difference? 46 or 50? Both temps are still chilly...

I love how models advertise super, nice warmth, for days, but then start ****ting again downward with temps.....this is b.s......talking about the GFS in particular...even the euro shows eastern trough digging again...makes me wonder if that's what our summer will be like...ups and downs.

I love how models advertise super, nice warmth, for days, but then start ****ting again downward with temps.....this is b.s......talking about the GFS in particular...even the euro shows eastern trough digging again...makes me wonder if that's what our summer will be like...ups and downs.

A*** brotha. We go above normal for highs next week. Last May was the king of the chill and rain with omega block after omega block. Summer will be nice. As long as the weekends stay dry and sunny most of us won't complain. Sprinkle a few good t storms and small heat wave and we will have a normal lakes summer.

Archived