amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 2012 General Discussion

Guru Of Reason

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp has plunged to 49 after being in the 60s earlier. I didn't know it was supposed to get this cold.

Coolness from Lake Michigan getting Lafayette too today!

Indianapolis is about to drop next, they're in the mid 60s now.

Made it to 42.8°.

Coolness from Lake Michigan getting Lafayette too today!

Indianapolis is about to drop next, they're in the mid 60s now.

Made it to 42.8°.

While the lake is helping to knock a few degrees off temps for near shore counties, it's not the reason a good portion of the area is cool.

While the lake is helping to knock a few degrees off temps for near shore counties, it's not the reason a good portion of the area is cool.

Having the front at the bottom of the lake probably helped the cool air with a running start towards LAF though. If the wind profile was the same, but the sun was out you could see that lake influence better.

Yeah I agree. This is large scale frontal driven (temps upstream in central IL, well away from any lake influence, are similar or a bit cooler). Didn't see any afternoon temp drop in the forecast so it caught me a bit off guard.

Welcome to the new pattern, folks!

CFSv2.NaT2m.20120420.201205.gif

Euro weeklies has us above normal from Apr 30th on ( Much above normal week 2 " Apr 30th - May 7th " and slightly above normal week 3 and 4 ) and the below normal out west up into AK.

Ofcourse they have been in flip flop mode too. So i guess we will see.

Yeah I agree. This is large scale frontal driven (temps upstream in central IL, well away from any lake influence, are similar or a bit cooler). Didn't see any afternoon temp drop in the forecast so it caught me a bit off guard.

My point forecast yesterday called for a high of 70, falling to 49 by 5PM. Today's point just said a high of 68 with no mention of falling temps. Down to 52 here with rain just moving in.

**** morning here. I guess we are paying for the sickest April i can remember. No surprise though hopefull that the hiking trails in the next county to my west are not swamps. That would really blow big time. D5 of morel hunting and photographing the woods. After work hikes are the best relaxation tool.

**** morning here. I guess we are paying for the sickest April i can remember. No surprise though hopefull that the hiking trails in the next county to my west are not swamps. That would really blow big time. D5 of morel hunting and photographing the woods. After work hikes are the best relaxation tool.

Still April...

It's not terrible outside, just cold. I can think of worse things.

Archived