Newest Member
    joxey
The Third Annual New England Lawn and Garden Thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fire up the hammy

I'm looking forward to actually buying WX equipment. Don't need an anemometer (nowhere to put it) but other stuff will be great.

I all really need is a thermometer, but a rain gauge is good too. I have no luck with equipment. Stuff keeps breaking and I just don't have a good spot for it.

Anybody know how to stop skunks from digging up bulbs? These mofos are already out.

We use a shotgun or a compund bow if the baby is sleeping.

you guys do weird things out there in GC.

While he is a nice guy, Dave is not a resident of GC.

These are Jarts... we had them as kids. What were they thinking

LOL. We also used to play a game with darts and ping pong paddles. You'd throw a dart at your buddy and he'd have to catch it with the paddle. It was great fun until the time......

LOL. We also used to play a game with darts and ping pong paddles. You'd throw a dart at your buddy and he'd have to catch it with the paddle. It was great fun until the time......

Sounds like a nice game of bum darts?

Sounds like a nice game of bum darts?

Never heard the term. We also used to 'ski' behind a pick-up truck all summer. That is until the time we did it in front of the local movie theatre with a crowd of cheering spectators that were waiting in line. Not sure if it was the cheering or the shower of sparks coming off the skis that attracted the attention of the local police. They stopped us. A young patrolman screamed at my friend to "Give me those skis!" When my friend protested he yelled again " I said give me those damn skis!!!" My buddy complied. Imagine the shock, surprise and anger that ensued when Barney Fife grabbed the skis with a molten bases from Pete, I can still hear the howl and the profane language. The parental units were not pleased when the squad car dropped us off one by one. The only person that was happy was the rookies veteran partner who could not stop laughing.

Greetings Professor Falken, How about a nice game of chess?

Never heard the term. We also used to 'ski' behind a pick-up truck all summer. That is until the time we did it in front of the local movie theatre with a crowd of cheering spectators that were waiting in line. Not sure if it was the cheering or the shower of sparks coming off the skis that attracted the attention of the local police. They stopped us. A young patrolman screamed at my friend to "Give me those skis!" When my friend protested he yelled again " I said give me those damn skis!!!" My buddy complied. Imagine the shock, surprise and anger that ensued when Barney Fife grabbed the skis with a molten bases from Pete, I can still hear the howl and the profane language. The parental units were not pleased when the squad car dropped us off one by one. The only person that was happy was the rookies veteran partner who could not stop laughing.

Never heard of it? Thought you might play that game in AK.

That will be all gone..COMPLETELY by next week

LOL, you're a riot. You've been saying my snow would be completely gone by next week for months now. You also wouldn't take my bet about more snow because you know you'd lose. The only thing that's going to leaf out early is your CTTorch persona.

Always enjoy reading this thread even through I'm in OH.

Anyone getting an early start on over-seeding? This has been one of the few winters that the ground never completely froze in northeast ohio. Worst snow season I can remember in my 38 years.

Ground temps are already in the upper 40's... with an extended torch on the way the ground should be close to warm enough to seed. My yard is covered with large oaks so I need to seed the shady areas every year. I've tried every $hitty shade blend but the grass never lasts. This year I'm going to seed with rough and supina bluegrass... supposed to be extremely shade and wear tolerant but very expensive.

Bucket of death is ready to go as well.

Stll too early to seed. as we still have some snowcover. But I'd expect a fat greenup over the next 2 weeks as we torch.

After yesterday the snow is long gone from here. Will probably give it another week or so before seeding. I definitely want the grass to be established before the leaves are out. If the euro verifies we'll be sunburned while planting.

Archived