• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The Third Annual New England Lawn and Garden Thread

Damage In Tolland

Thanks. Needs a lot of work, esp in the back. Kevin would hate it.

I look forward to getting rid of the swingset in a few years. A pain to mow around. Until then, let the kids run crazy on the yard. It is for them.

At least you allow your kids and their friends to play in the yard....unlike one particular individual.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two wrongs don't make a right Mike. The poor trees, slow growing sugar maples cut down just as they were coming into their own. Tsk tsk.

Well, they're growing just fine in the other wooded areas. Interestingly, I just discovered a mature (not a monster one, but perhaps 60-70 year old) maple is splitting right down the middle. Damndest thing. I'd halmost have thought it was struck by lightning. That one was supposed to be a keeper. Guess again.

I did not add any fertilizer or anything so far this year (or last fall I think). Just mowing and cleaning up land mines.

I do have a bunch of brown spots, etc that need work. We also have an ugly spot where the pool goes until the work in the back is done.

Nice looking place, Dave. You don't need no stinkin' lesco.......

Front lawn progressing nicely. I broke down and cut it this weekend on the highest setting. Rough job but I just wanted to get it cut. Looks the best it's looks in years,

Nice, Bob. I'm not sure if it's due to all the rain the last few weeks or what, but my lawn is looking the best it's ever been during the years we've been here (this will be our 5th summer).

Is the only issue with mowing in wet conditions that the grass doesnt' get cut evenly or does running the mower over the wet ground damage the lawn? I've always thought it was both, but I wonder if that was just a myth that developed as an excuse to not mow the lawn.......

It tends to tear the gras as opposed to cutting it, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and just mow it wet regardless..though it's not desirable

Thanks, Kevin, it's getting to be one of those times.

When are you heading to BTV? Good luck--looks like it'll be great weather for the race.

Thanks man. i appreciate it. I'm excited..a little nervous, but ready.

Leaving early tomorrow morning.

Got a ton of stuff to do today, including hours of yard work and mowing..It's like a wheatfield.

Archived