Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12znamp06thickpmsl_MA048.gif

Skunked on the SN output from Allan's site, earl barkers page probably has an algorithm that crushes the 17 corridor. Just going off of thickness plots, I am coming up with measurable SN w/rn bordering indeterminate on the nonogram.

Is there really a chance we could see snow here? Just crazy to think the coast gets more snow than central NC.

WRAL can't get the forecast right lately when it comes to rain. Chance of showers mostly in the afternoon and evening, and it's raining now. They have been terrible the past two weeks on the timing of the precip here.

They had mention of morning showers on their online forecast at 6am.

They also had a high of 69 for today and it's only 52 now. I don't think they were counting on the rain coming in this early. They have done that a few times the past two weeks.

It's only 50 here .Wonder if there is a little CAD going on?It's been cloudy all day which is a good thing with the instability in the air.Had a little shower ,and thunder come through.Just the start of what's to come I suppose.

It's only 50 here .Wonder if there is a little CAD going on?It's been cloudy all day which is a good thing with the instability in the air.Had a little shower ,and thunder come through.Just the start of what's to come I suppose.

Wondering the same thing. Models IMO are invalid now. I think they were banking on sun today, but that is clearly not the case now. I think this will significantly reduce the threat of severe weather for portions of NC.

12Z GFS is now forecasting flurries for Charlotte :lmao:

NAM has warmed a little, but still projects snow for the coastal plain of NC.

Update: CMC is showing more moisture hanging back than yesterdays runs.

Well, this is WAY southeast, but didn't want to clutter the Observation thread...

Down in Puerto Rico...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SAN JUAN HAS ISSUED A

* SPECIAL MARINE WARNING FOR...

OFF OF WESTERN PUERTO RICO.

* UNTIL 430 PM AST

* AT 231 PM AST...A SKYWARN SPOTTER INDICATED A DEVELOPING TORNADO

OVER ANASCO MOVING TO THE WEST AROUND 10 KNOTS. MARINERS IN THE

MAYAGUEZ BAY OFF OF THE COAST OF ANASCO SHOULD STEER AWAY FROM THE

PATH OF THIS STORM.

The red taggers in the main thread giving out horrible information is really pissing me off.

Qvectorman should probably just stop posting entirely. A red tagger telling people under a tornado warning with a storm that DID cycle and is producing a tornado that they have nothing to worry about is dangerous.

12z Euro looks good for 0.25" here with p-type issues, hard to tell exactly about timing, best guess would be between 3am-12pm Sunday.

So GFS/NAM/Euro all show snow now for late Sat night into Sun morning....of course I have my doubts and right now MHX doesnt even mention the chance which is a little shocking seeing the models but climo says they are 100% right with rain...

This is not banter, but i'm posting here because I don't want the main threads dont get cluttered with winter weather.

The NAM has cooled and my confidence is beginning to grow in winter weather for the coastal plain. Perhaps this is the "Robert Storm".

This is not banter, but i'm posting here because I don't want the main threads dont get cluttered with winter weather.

The NAM has cooled and my confidence is beginning to grow in winter weather for the coastal plain. Perhaps this is the "Robert Storm".

It wouldnt be the first time we had severe warm weather followed closely by winter weather but currently the local NWS is saying this

Saturday Night: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 42. North wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday: A chance of showers, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Northwest wind between 6 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible

We prolly will need to start a thread about this "possible" event but there really are not that many posters down here so I will leave it up to WeatherNC ( who needs to call me BTW ) to start it if he thinks it warrents it cause its not really banter anymore IMO.....

This has to be the worst Friday night I've had in a long while.  I've officially lost both of my monitors, finding out that my newest computer's PSU is unreplaceaable, and now this current thunderstorm has killed my Directv signal for the night!  Unreal of how much bad luck I'm having. :(

Message sent via the Nintendo 3ds

This has to be the worst Friday night I've had in a long while. I've officially lost both of my monitors, finding out that my newest computer's PSU is unreplaceaable, and now this current thunderstorm has killed my Directv signal for the night! Unreal of how much bad luck I'm having. :(

Message sent via the Nintendo 3ds

Nintendo FTW. How did 2 of your monitors die? lightning surge? curious cat?

Nintendo FTW. How did 2 of your monitors die? lightning surge? curious cat?

Both of these monitors have been in use for 8 years so I'm thinking that it's just the age.  I know this next thing that my dad and I did was pretty dangerous, but we undid the cover of each and looked inside.  You can what looks like some kind of bonding stuff around certain wires that's melted but not sure if that has anything to do with it. Fuses are okay though.  Guess I should explain how I got into this mess to begin with. My first one (compaq) apparently made some kind of loud pop noise and had a weird burn smell according to my dad while I was away one day.  I waited a week and tried it again, and to my surprise it comes on but has no display.  However, when its video cable is unplugged from the PC, you can see the display with a "no signal" message and the light turns green instead of staying orange.  When plugged, it goes back to a blank screen and the light is orange again.   Then I swapped to my emachines monitor and 3 weeks later it went out but this one doesn't even bother to turn on.  Strangely, when it's plugged into a socket, you can hear a constant ticking noise until it's unplugged. I'm currently waiting for someone to let me know if he has a spare one to give away but if no dice, then I'm likely going to have to get a new one or hope someone else can help me out.  If I do end up shopping for one, it won't be anything super fancy but just your average-sized flatscreen.  I officially hate CRT monitors now lol.

I'm glad I could make it to work today with all that snow. :rolleyes:

They really busted this forecast. Only a trace to an inch was called for my backyard, but we didn't get anything. But an inch to 3 was forecasted further north, and they still didn't see anything. Of course, I knew I couldn't rely on WRAL for the forecast. They have been terrible the past few months with regard to precip forecasts.

Calling for a trace and getting nothing isn't exactly a major bust.

I'd say it's a bust if you don't get anything at all. It's a real bust for the folks further north who were supposed to get 1 to 3 inches and have not seen a flake.

Well, last Friday they missed the other way, calling for afternnon showers and a high of 69, when it rained all day and didn't get above 60.

Archived