• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

It looks like we might have a very active severe weather season again this year, though. We already have had some serious outbreaks and it is just the start of March. However, it doesn't seem like severe weather season ever ended from last year. We had so many tornado outbreaks last year, and we still had tornadoes in the winter.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So GFS/NAM/Euro all show snow now for late Sat night into Sun morning....of course I have my doubts and right now MHX doesnt even mention the chance which is a little shocking seeing the models but climo says they are 100% right with rain...

UNC 88 Dook 70

Bought a couple of Blueberry bushes today. I have been wanting to get some for a couple of years now. Does anyone know when they start producing berries? I would think the bushes would have to mature or something.

we bought a few bushes last winter. they flowered and produced. They are in full flower right now.

We made a video at work and I dressed in drag for it. I think I deserve an Oscar for it. While the title is NSFW there is nothing in it really NSFW. Anyways don't worry about the long ad at the end we had to do that for marketing.

"Is it a time machine?" LOL!! Very nice!

Don't forget to "Spring" forward those clocks by an hour for Sunday since that's when Daylight Saving Time begins. Hate losing that extra hour of sleep.

I'm loving the time change tonight. I'm on 12 hour nightshift this weekend and will be getting off an hour early because of DST.

Some of you may know I went on my honeymoon this past week. One of the stops I had was in Costa Maya, Mexico. Nothing there was over five years old and it was apparent that a nasty hurricane had hit the area. I asked around and it was Hurricane Dean. Truly epic destruction still is apparent in the area. I took some pictures and will post soon for you guys. I could not believe the destruction. Some of the areas were nothing but rotted out wood for miles. Words will do it no justice and I hope the pictures I took will show the scale of destruction unleashed upon them in 2007. Dean was a Cat 5 that mad a direct hit on them. I just thought it was an interesting thing to see and I could not believe what I was looking at. Keep in mind this is five years after that monster hit.

http://en.wikipedia..../Hurricane_Dean

honeymoon326.jpg

honeymoon332.jpg

Some of you may know I went on my honeymoon this past week. One of the stops I had was in Costa Maya, Mexico. Nothing there was over five years old and it was apparent that a nasty hurricane had hit the area. I asked around and it was Hurricane Dean. Truly epic destruction still is apparent in the area. I took some pictures and will post soon for you guys. I could not believe the destruction. Some of the areas were nothing but rotted out wood for miles. Words will do it no justice and I hope the pictures I took will show the scale of destruction unleashed upon them in 2007. Dean was a Cat 5 that mad a direct hit on them. I just thought it was an interesting thing to see and I could not believe what I was looking at. Keep in mind this is five years after that monster hit.

http://en.wikipedia..../Hurricane_Dean

Congrats on the honeymoon and thanks for sharing your pictures. I remember Dean, it was one of the best tropical cyclones I've followed.

Today is yet another anniversary of one of the greatest storms to have ever impacted the U.S.: The Superstorm of 1993; officially 19 years ago from now. To this day, I still wish I was born earlier than I did to able to remember it at the very least. Being nearly 2 years old when it happened doesn't cut it lol.

superstorm93looptz1.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SnowTotals-13Mar93.jpg

Archived