• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
March 2012........Happy Sping

Mr Torchey

Anyways, been fun, all joking aside, I hope everyone at least get s a chance to enjoy the sun for a little while today, this torch is going nowhere may as well embrace and enjoy it. I can only hope this spring warmth translates into one of the hottest summers ever, I would not think so with a possible weak nino developing but one never knows.

Have a great day!

With month after month of +++++ temps, I'm not expecting a warm summer at all. Climo will rule and things will even out for the S*hitty..

I like how we can't even get a solar storm to verify. Effin scabs.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are using BDR, agree, no way they get to 64. 60 would be a stretch out there. However, for the rest of the area that is not right around BDR, it's going to be a fair amount warmer. This site is probably a better barometer of where the population is vs an airport out on a sandbar.

http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=KCTFAIRF7

Yeah they might hit 60 being that far inland.

I think it's kind of irrelevant whether we get a transient trough in this otherwise disgusting pattern. We just have to wait this out and hope a real flip comes toward the end of the month for one last chance at a snow event. I'm not sitting here with lots of hope, but I always enjoy a Spring snow event...so you never know. I want that lousy 4.5 inches so I get to a slightly respectable 50 inches on the season.

BTW 0z ECM was obscene...finds every way to avoid digging a trough into the East. Complete torch with 20C 850s in the Plains and 10C up by Hudson Bay by the end of the run. Could be some records broken this March.

Why is it bad to focast 75+ 7-8 days out? Most modellin and ensembles have it,, ground is dry, no snowcover anywhere by then. roaringwesterly flow..Everything scremas an a major earl season heat wave next weekend

You're so excited you can't type. I think it's ok to mention a teaser for above normal temps in the extended but to issue a public call of 80F 10 days out is a little nuts. On this forum we have more leeway to theorize specifics in the long range, but you know how the public works. That's like calling for a foot of snow 5 days out. If the EC op/ens are right someone probably will get 75-80 at some point this month, but why put yourself on the spot this far out when you can say it just looks overall very warm for a couple of weeks?

You're so excited you can't type. I think it's ok to mention a teaser for above normal temps in the extended but to issue a public call of 80F 10 days out is a little nuts. On this forum we have more leeway to theorize specifics in the long range, but you know how the public works. That's like calling for a foot of snow 5 days out. If the EC op/ens are right someone probably will get 75-80 at some point this month, but why put yourself on the spot this far out when you can say it just looks overall very warm for a couple of weeks?

Yeah exactly. You could tease it being so far out, but whipping the public up into thinking St Patty's Day is going to feel like Memorial Day is kind of nuts. Besides, models don't really agree on temps that warm.

Nice to run in shorts and tshirt this morning at 5:00 am..Also nice that it's getting light so early. Winds were already ripping at that hour. 46.4/44

This x a million. Had an almost summer like run this AM in the city with temps already near 60 along the East River. Sky had that summer morning/hazy look to it.

Yeah exactly. You could tease it being so far out, but whipping the media up into thinking St Patty's Day is going to feel like Memorial Day is kind of nuts. Besides, models don't really agree on temps that warm.

It sent Kevin into a tizzy. He immediately installed the AC, took all the summer gear out, inflated the portable pools, tried on the new Salsa banana hammock and decided his new frame needed a better look.He is at the Buckland Mall in one of those specialty boutique shops right now trying on new ones. The power of TV weathermean can never be understated.

It sent Kevin into a tizzy. He immediately installed the AC, took all the summer gear out, inflated the portable pools, tried on the new Salsa banana hammock and decided his new frame needed a better look.He is at the Buckland Mall in one of those specialty boutique shops right now trying on new ones. The power of TV weathermean can never be understated.

I know. People need to realize this is March 8th.

Why are you fighting this major warmth? Is it because you are hoping your ski vaca isn't ruined?

You have been looking for any way possible to come up with reasons why this is meh..when yesterday exceeded all expecatations, and today will as well..and next week could blow all records completely out of the water

Apparently someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that.

The point is, 70s and 80s are hard to do this time of year. Climo and backdoor fronts will show up sooner or later.

Meanwhile I mentioned this yesterday, but could be some flurries and a few squalls tomorrow night as a secondary front comes through. NAM actually has a nice inv signal over ern CT.

This is even more impressive than I expected, se ct torching low 60s into vermont already, what a day. Enjoy.

It's funny that you think that Bennington,Vt temp represents SVT. Bennington is a lonely torch island because it's practically the Hudson Valley. You and Blizz need to take a cold shower together. I can't believe I have to endure 7-8 months of you guys blathering on about warm temps. Blech.

KFIT at 58F already...

...but BOX has snow mentioned for me tonight...lol

Tonight: Rain showers before 5am, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers. Patchy fog between 9pm and 10pm. Low around 34. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 24 mph becoming west. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected

I would laugh if I got 0.1"

Archived