• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 2012........Happy Sping

Mr Torchey

Don't envy NYC though. LOL They can't even cool off in heatwaves.. Gotta love those 82/73 2:00 AM's there in July. :axe:

Last year was nice until that stretch in June. I don't know why people are thinking permanent drizzle..I never said that. But it's a kick in the balls when you guys are throwing the frisbee around central park, while we are 50 and drizzle after being 75-80 for 2 days...that's what sucks. I do think the Spring overall will probably end up milder than normal.

Luckily, we've had some nice Sprigs as of late. Part of that has to do with Nina Springs which I think tend to be milder. Even though we had a -NAO in 2010...the whole ne and Quebec was void of snowpack which really helped boost temps when we had NW flow. However, I've lived here long enough to know that some Nordic fisherman can fart in the Davis Straits and send high pressure nosing into New England. I hope it doesn't happen in April or May. We will inevitably have a stretch of lousy wx in all areas. The question is how long does the crappy stretch last. I see some questioning May as a for cutoffs and overall regime shift.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with below normal in June and July. Realistically what's that 60's versus 70s in June and 70's versus 80's in July Sign me up!

june and july 2009 were horrendous.

july 09 at BDL started with 25 days at or below normal.

and june 09 didn't have a single double digit + departure

edit: and 11" of rain in july.

This week is reminiscent of the May 2005 cutoff from hell. I think 2005 might have been a bit windier, but its not that far off. At least we cracked 50F today.

Yeah I recall a couple of very windy days in that, so it made it worse than this event...but that isn't a whole lot of consolation for how bad the weather has been this week.

Departures for this week thus far (Sunday through today):

BOS: -7.5F

ORH: -8.0F

BDL: -5.0F

PVD: -5.2F

I really can't take much more of this weather. This is so effing depressing. At least its during the workweek, but that almost makes it even worse

This stretch is unreal.....gotta be close to a record when all is said and done:

Overnight: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Areas of dense fog. Low around 48. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Thursday: Showers, mainly before 10am. Areas of fog. High near 62. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers. Areas of fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming east between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: Cloudy, with a low around 51.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Monday: Cloudy, with a high near 67.

Monday Night: Cloudy, with a low around 58.

Tuesday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Never seen anything like this...May 2005 is likely the closest....may go more than 2 weeks without so much as a cursory glance of a co*ck tease from the sun...

:lol:

FMH is 59F already...but also SW 32 G 43 mph.

LOL yeah not much of a day to be doing anything outdoorsie aside of raking downwind....let it blow into the neighbors yard which is my plan at lunch for the areas that got plow snow twice this winter. Epic.

The more of these days we get the more it turns the water over and the better chance we break out of the muck early. Air is thick with salt and muck today.

The only question we have left is will MRG break freezing in his ice cave and how much snow does he have left? Have we seen any blurry dashboard photos yet?

Archived