• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
March 2012........Happy Sping

Mr Torchey

Mother of sweet jeezus................okx going with 66 today here, even though Phil and Scooter had wished 40s with a se wind. This torch is memorable in so many different ways, may god bless you, may god bless the united states of america, and may god bless this 6 month long megadeathintergalacticplanetary torch.

Circle of Despair.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mother of sweet jeezus................okx going with 66 today here, even though Phil and Scooter had wished 40s with a se wind. This torch is memorable in so many different ways, may god bless you, may god bless the united states of america, and may god bless this 6 month long megadeathintergalacticplanetary torch.

Circle of Despair.

I don't think you'll crack 60 near the shore, but enjoy.

Greetings and salutations!

Welcome to Spring 2012, the season of renewal, rebirth ..............warmth, sunshine, scantily clad co~eds, cold beer and baseball. After a historically warm MET autumn and winter, regionwide, conuswide, yet again we sit on the brink of fire. All guidance is now pointing to a possibly record breaking warm period starting around the 7th of the month.

It certainly appears that BSE2 is going to get off to a sunsational start, enjoy the snow today!

My guess is +4-+7 regionwide for sne this March.

Viva la Sizzle

Circle of Despair

Friends for Fire

Trinity of the Torch

Go Yankees!!!

Absolutely nailed this forecast once again, even down to the exact day.....thinking I should be hired as a non met weather personality on TV. Anyone interested in getting it right, with facts not fraud Pm me, I will be doing interviews with the TV stations for a very brief period.

I don't think you'll crack 60 near the shore, but enjoy.

I will easily crack 60.......I dont live in Bridgeport, I dont live on a sandbar, my climo is nothing like the airstrip on the beach where obs are taken there, and I will enjoy..........enjoy the BSE2

I am engaging in Spring. Daughters 1st soccer practice was outdoor last night. Once we flip the clocks, we will have practices outside more. Beautiful day on tap here, just need to deal with the winds. Spring plans are popping up everywhere now. Crocuses out. Hyacinths coming up, Daffodils, Jonquils, Windflowers blooming, Daylilies. Will probably hit the yard this weekend for cleanup.

You are like 2 miles from the water, no?

Yes, but I have a few miles of land to my sw, so if the wind is sw I can do well, like I said, south of se wind and its a totally different ballgame, due west wind and this area roasts. Already 51, it will be close. Try and enjoy this, its better than 43 and drizzle, you can do whatever you want in this weather, its incredible.

Its incredible how much the lawns have greened up over night with the very warm nighttime lows........the landscape along the coastal plain is going to transform very quicklly over the next ten days, onion grass growing like crazy.

he thinks he is back in SC with warm winds off the Gulf Stream. outside shower FTL

The only thing that has been FTL is XXX and big big big winter incoming...........you have had a tough 6 months. Meanwhile the torch marches on, and on, and on, and on.

True, but betting against the torch is like betting against the sun rising in the east. Anyway it was a pretty aggressive call on his part - probably a bit premature.

Like Scooter said, I am actually surprised he even mentioned it, Bob is an excellent Met. Now every man and housewife in CT will come to work today telling everyone they see, that Bob said it would be 80 degrees St Paddys day, shorts flip flops, Kevin in his Banana hammock at the St Paddys day parade when a NE wind kicks up dropping the near 60's to upper 40's.

Absolutely nailed this forecast once again, even down to the exact day.....thinking I should be hired as a non met weather personality on TV. Anyone interested in getting it right, with facts not fraud Pm me, I will be doing interviews with the TV stations for a very brief period.

You forgot to mention your February bustorama....minus 2 or 3 or something like that....

Unless a sea breeze kicks in, we'll hit it here...already 53 IMBY (at 8am!)

Yeah, the warmth is incredible this morning, soon as we walked out the door to drop off our son earlier it hit you..........warm and a touch humid, incredible and sensational.

You forgot to mention your February bustorama....minus 2 or 3 or something like that....

Yes, I conformed to the ice pussay way, I had to, getting hate mail and death threats over pm............went mega warm jan and feb in the contest and of course march and all last fall.........just killing it.

You guys should know how that works. The temp rises in the morning, but as the SW wind picks up, the temp levels off. Anyways 59-61...it's warm regardless.

I think I'm going to verify with him hitting 60F. Warm 850s, no vegetation, and SW winds can warm the atmosphere up immensely. We also have a much higher starting point today than yesterday, but we will have to watch the wind for coastal locations as usual.

Jaffrey only made it down to 45F last night. Elevation for the loss with extremely warm mid-levels.

Anyways, been fun, all joking aside, I hope everyone at least get s a chance to enjoy the sun for a little while today, this torch is going nowhere may as well embrace and enjoy it. I can only hope this spring warmth translates into one of the hottest summers ever, I would not think so with a possible weak nino developing but one never knows.

Have a great day!

I think I'm going to verify with him hitting 60F. Warm 850s, no vegetation, and SW winds can warm the atmosphere up immensely. We also have a much higher starting point today than yesterday, but we will have to watch the wind for coastal locations as usual.

Jaffrey only made it down to 45F last night. Elevation for the loss with extremely warm mid-levels.

He'll find the nearest bank thermometer to verify his temps. He always uses BDR so I will use BDR as well.

He'll find the nearest bank thermometer to verify his temps. He always uses BDR so I will use BDR as well.

BTW 0z ECM was obscene...finds every way to avoid digging a trough into the East. Complete torch with 20C 850s in the Plains and 10C up by Hudson Bay by the end of the run. Could be some records broken this March.

You guys should know how that works. The temp rises in the morning, but as the SW wind picks up, the temp levels off. Anyways 59-61...it's warm regardless.

Yep, but I think we're a touch warmer, 64-65 is my guess. Will get there around 11am and then level off like you said.

BDR is always cold. The reading is taken out at Sikorsky which sits on a penisula out into the sound--one looking for a warm reading in the spring and summer would NEVER use BDR.

BDR is always cold. The reading is taken out at Sikorsky which sits on a penisula out into the sound--one looking for a warm reading in the spring and summer would NEVER use BDR.

Joe has no problem taking that temp in the Fall and Winter so I will as well. I still think you are very optimistic about 64 or 65.

Joe has no problem taking that temp in the Fall and Winter so I will as well. I still think you are very optimistic about 64 or 65.

If you are using BDR, agree, no way they get to 64. 60 would be a stretch out there. However, for the rest of the area that is not right around BDR, it's going to be a fair amount warmer. This site is probably a better barometer of where the population is vs an airport out on a sandbar.

http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=KCTFAIRF7

Archived