Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next winter is guaranteed to be better because nothing can be worse than what we just experienced. Also big time torch incoming for next week it looks like.

Were gonna hit 80F no problem.

:lol:

More likely, a marine layer gets going on an E wind and we stay in the 40s, maybe 50s inland. It's tough to get a really warm pattern this time of the year if you're not well inland.

More likely, a marine layer gets going on an E wind and we stay in the 40s, maybe 50s inland. It's tough to get a really warm pattern this time of the year if you're not well inland.

Pazzo said the heat will make it all the way to Canada, what marine layer? :P

Euro wins again, nothing can stop this model lately

you realize it busted miserably with the second part of the storm up north? the gfs owned it. If the euro was right, the radar would be filled over northern ct, mass and boston would be snowing.

It's not, in case you havent' checked.

you realize it busted miserably with the second part of the storm up north? the gfs owned it. If the euro was right, the radar would be filled over northern ct, mass and boston would be snowing.

It's not, in case you havent' checked.

It's the East winds everyone complains about me discussing. :(

Same winds that screwed 80% of us too. But I live near a beach, so what do I know.

Same winds that screwed 80% of us too. But I live near a beach, so what do I know.

Im at 38 degrees in Bayside right now.

Almost the same temp Boston is right now.

Feel bad for them.

the east winds didn't make the precipitation dissapear, all the forcing split the area the euro had snow for this morning.

the east winds didn't make the precipitation dissapear, all the forcing split the area the euro had snow for this morning.

Yesterday Boston was 20 miles away from receiving 3"-5". A band split them to their north and south.

Then precip lightened and the whole area from Boston south torched at the surface and up to the 900 level.

If neutral or weak nina yes. And we need better snow cover earlier.

This winter was a real killer for us snow lovers another one would just be downright dirty by mother nature. Im hoping although signs arent pointing to it yet a weak el nino. We will see in the next several months but i dont think it can get worse than this winter not just for us but for the entire country

So accuweather is really hyping tomorrow's severe weather event. Though a comparison to one of the greatest outbreaks in history might be stretching it a bit. But if people know its coming 24 hours in advance this will hopefully save lives if it does come to fruition

News: Friday Tornado Setup Similar to 1974 Super Outbreak

Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:02 ET

By Alex Sosnowski, expert senior meteorologist.

The setup and aftermath on Friday for the Ohio and Tennessee valleys could be similar to the weather pattern during and following the 1974 Super Outbreak.

Spanning April 3-4, 1974, a swarm of tornadoes tore through areas from Illinois and southern Michigan to northern Alabama and Georgia.

The outbreak produced 148 confirmed tornadoes, six of which were F-5 intensity. The most powerful of these storms slammed into Xenia, Ohio.

Every weather pattern no matter how similar always has its differences, and this outbreak will have its own characteristics.

However, according to Severe Weather Expert Henry Margusity, "In the case of the end of this week and back in early April of 1974, it appears strong upper-level winds and cool air approaching from the west could hit a zone of advancing warm, moist air in just the right manner to produce monsters of thunderstorms."

They've had over 0.5" liquid precip since yesterday. Definitely nothing like the Nam, but they did at times have moderate rain overnight. They never got below 36.

there is no indication of that happening, but you're just a depressive

I feel lucky to be at 12" for the season here NW of Philly. Boston getting screwed doesn't surprise me, theme of this winter, and I also thought the GFS handled this storm the best from several days out (most consistent). At least we all share in the misery, that's comforting to me. Can't even be jealous of the lake effect zones this year, even though they get fake snow.

Archived