Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

Some people have nothing better to do..

Its basically the same old same old...

Long range there is a chance at snow so we are going to hype the potential up...

Medium range the guidance starts running warmer...

No this should not be ..

Short range ...models are too warm for any snow in NYC (city itself)

Out come the meso scale models which say differently...

Final result was to warm for snow....

Those who see chances get ridiculed and those who try to be realistic get ridiculed...

what does the Euro Control show? If it ever verified, NYC would have 200 inches of snow.

You pay for that? You should ask accuweather for your money back.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we finished the month with just 1 below normal day. Though to be fair 2 days were .5 below and rounded up so they look like average days.

And just 10 days with lows at or below freezing. Just incredible.

LMAO, today is still a positive departure day so far, 42/38 yields an avg temp of 40, and our avg for today (45/31) is 38. Unbelievable.

Man, the 18z models really warmed up and the GFS cut back on precip by a good amount for the SNE.

Warming gets past Boston on the GFS now and only. 75"ish of precip over 30 hours.

It's really nowcast time. I wouldn't pay much attention to 18z model runs at this stage. However, as Boston's snow will be heavily reliant on how much and where precip re-blossoms as the H5 trough approaches, and the wind direction (they want a NNE or NE wind, not due E), they could still get a big fail if things don't materialize. This part 1 looks like very little for most north of CT. The jackpot zone looks to be along route 2 and in southern VT/NH.

relying on a northern stream system to dig enough in a progressive pattern is a recipe for failure

I agree, but most of us would be happy with ANY snow, let alone something significant. I'd love to see a nice hit from this but in terms of how this winter has been playing out and the pattern were in I'm not exactly optimistic. GGEM and GFS look good lets see how the EURO handles it over the next couple runs maybe the GGEM/GFS are onto something with the stronger digging northern stream s/w.

???????????????????????????? round one was never robust for them>tomorrow morning while you are sucking in drizzle droplets at 44, they will be smoking parachutes.

Hey Joe...que pasa pal? I'm expecting a March of '67 repeat down here....

<puts bottle down>

Archived