joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z EURO says what heat ridge? With the MJO forecast to go into phase 8, and then possibly 1 or 2 down the road, Id suspect the models will have major issues with it. However, if it does go to these phases, then Id suspect more troughing over the eastern US over the heat ridge the Euro had last night.

I am starting to think that April might be our first month that will be within 1 degree of being normal in quite some time.

With today's mean temperature of 40°, the monthly mean temperature for NYC was 50.9°. That just missed the monthly mark of 51.1° set in 1945. However, the February-March period proved the warmest on record. February-March 2012 had a mean temperature of 46.1°. That smashed the previous mark of 43.1° set in 1998.

The deviation from the 1981-2010 climatalogical norm was 3.114 standard deviations. Statistically, the probability of such an outcome is approximately once every 541 years.

All said, it was a remarkable period.

With today's mean temperature of 40°, the monthly mean temperature for NYC was 50.9°. That just missed the monthly mark of 51.1° set in 1945. However, the February-March period proved the warmest on record. February-March 2012 had a mean temperature of 46.1°. That smashed the previous mark of 43.1° set in 1998.

The deviation from the 1981-2010 climatalogical norm was 3.114 standard deviations. Statistically, the probability of such an outcome is approximately once every 541 years.

All said, it was a remarkable period.

I bet we are not done yet with record breaking events this year. I wonder how long I'll have to wait before I see a one in 541 year event on the cold side.

Guest Pamela

I wonder how long I'll have to wait before I see a one in 541 year event on the cold side.

Probably until Hell freezes over....

Archived