Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we're getting an inch of cold rain saturday

I'll be surprised if that weak shortwave produces an inch of liquid. It'll probably be just enough to create a horribly dreary and cold/wet weekend with minimal liquid...all the while moving us out of the race for the potential driest march ever at the very last possible second.

I'll be surprised if that weak shortwave produces an inch of liquid. It'll probably be just enough to create a horribly dreary and cold/wet weekend with minimal liquid...all the while moving us out of the race for the potential driest march ever at the very last possible second.

isentropic lift could do it, especially with that high pwat airmass to our sw

what's the record for NYC? .68?

The lack of cold on our side of the globe continues to result in very little negative anomalies even w/ a blocking signature.

That's been alot of the problem all winter-zippo in Canada for cold air--so even with the ideal setup-it's 01-02 all over again...there was no cold air anywhere that year either so even when a favorable pattern came in Late Dec, it was still 40-45 for highs....

I'm thinking low 50s if not upper 40s.

one thing is becoming obvious though - there will be no frozen precip this weekend in the immediate NYC area south and east - north and west of the city is still in question...........

one thing is becoming obvious though - there will be no frozen precip this weekend in the immediate NYC area south and east - north and west of the city is still in question...........

the bigger threat IMO is the storm getting suppressing giving most no QPF or minimal QPF

Pretty much no one wants snow in April.

I agree with that. A late October/November snowfall is nice because were heading into winter anyway but an April snowfall sucks because we just want warm, sunny weather because it's spring.

Rollercoaster this week, near 70 today to 40s/50 Friday and Saturday to possibly 80 early next week and then back into the low to mid 50s for mid to late week.

Guest Pamela

I agree with that. A late October/November snowfall is nice because were heading into winter anyway but an April snowfall sucks because we I just want warm, sunny weather because it's spring.

Fixed.

Archived