wigl5l6k
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storm thread is falling apart...wow. complete mayhem

It's been a rough winter, and missing heavy snow by 100 miles is never fun. :(

Seriously though, the bickering over who's "really" in the NYC Metro because of a couple hours of slushy snow maybe is ridiculous. I still maintain that if this forum had to put up with most of Central PA's winters since 2004, it would explode. I-95, particularly Philly north has been incredibly spoiled the last few seasons.

Seriously though, the bickering over who's "really" in the NYC Metro because of a couple hours of slushy snow maybe is ridiculous. I still maintain that if this forum had to put up with most of Central PA's winters since 2004, it would explode. I-95, particularly Philly north has been incredibly spoiled the last few seasons.

You may find that ridiculous, some of us find those who live in NYC or LI ignoring the rest of the area when making blanket statements ridiculous....its been called out plenty of times before, even in good seasons.

You may find that ridiculous, some of us find those who live in NYC or LI ignoring the rest of the area when making blanket statements ridiculous....its been called out plenty of times before, even in good seasons.

And the main reason for that is cause these areas average twice as much... Im sure if we averaged around 30" like most of Suffolk does then we would be welcomed into the party. Pathetic..

:lol:

I have to drive like 80 miles just to go get eggs and milk and bread for this storm.

A CSA is a group of metro areas:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/assets/bulletins/b10-02.pdf pgs 2-3

The wikipedia map you referred to in the now-closed thread is mis-labeled and does not conform to the definitions set forth by the OMB and more largely by the Dept of Commerce.

Your town, however, being in Rockland, IS considered part of the NYC MSA. Middletown is in the Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown MSA.

I really don't see it here. There's plenty of representation here among the northern suburbs and CT, but it's also unfair for people like Trials to call others out for making warmer forecasts because they're "biased" for living near the coast. I never said that north of the city wouldn't get any snow or any accums, yet he jumped down my throat because I live in Nassau County. Should we reject forecasts made from the "N and W crew" because of where you live? Come on, that's ridiculous. People need to grow up, or frequent another sub forum if it's so troublesome.

Haha, this is just coming from endless discussions in grad school as to what constituted the philly metro vs the nyc metro vs other inane crap.

A CSA is a group of metro areas:

http://www.whitehous...tins/b10-02.pdf pgs 2-3

The wikipedia map you referred to in the now-closed thread is mis-labeled and does not conform to the definitions set forth by the OMB and more largely by the Dept of Commerce.

Your town, however, being in Rockland, IS considered part of the NYC MSA. Middletown is in the Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown MSA.

wait, my town is? OMG alert the press!!!!

I really don't see it here. There's plenty of representation here among the northern suburbs and CT, but it's also unfair for people like Trials to call others out for making warmer forecasts because they're "biased" for living near the coast. I never said that north of the city wouldn't get any snow or any accums, yet he jumped down my throat because I live in Nassau County. Should we reject forecasts made from the "N and W crew" because of where you live? Come on, that's ridiculous. People need to grow up, or frequent another sub forum if it's so troublesome.

Just because you dont see it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. ;)

Your many "east winds off the water will kill any snow chances" posts are very barrier beach oriented, yet there is no such disclaimer included.

Archived