gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
2012 March Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol.......I am well, enjoying my 35 degree sheet drizzle on a stiff ne wind, how are you?

Same nonsense; different day...like my poem???

Guest Pamela

Indeed.

When Espo traded Poddubny back in August '88...definitly one of the toughest days for me to take...favorite Ranger ever. Really reminded me of legendary Canadiens centre Jacques LeMaire...the speed...the shot...when I found out Walt had passed a couple of years back...rough to take...

Guest Pamela

Looking at the long range, early next week is going to be our last chance at accumulating snow this year

Damn, Tolleris cancelled December...

Guest Pamela

What's up with all the SNE colloquialisms?

I think you mean colloquy...which means discussion, banter, dialogue...a colloquialism is a specific phrase or saying that has worked its way into the everyday language...

I think you mean colloquy...which means discussion, banter, dialogue...a colloquialism is a specific phrase or saying that has worked its way into the everyday language...

I meant it that way lol. These terms like "parachutes" have worked their way into every day SNE banter.

its such a long shot, but its the only shot we got.

perhaps the little bit of ridging into greenland combined with the ridge out west, better wavelengths, and finally no kicker could do it? we shall see

and no one can say its not cold, its plenty cold this time

f108.gif

f120.gif

its such a long shot, but its the only shot we got.

perhaps the little bit of ridging into greenland combined with the ridge out west, better wavelengths, and finally no kicker could do it? we shall see

and no one can say its not cold, its plenty cold this time

f120.gif

Yeah this may pretty much be the last shot

the individual members are not all represented on the surface gefs maps on ewall. If you look at the entire suite, 20 members, you can see there would be several other good hits if we had the slp maps. Just sayin.....

What are you thinking? Legit shot or

well, on the plus side, we have cold air, a ridge out west with no kickers, and some ridging into greenland, albeit it very temporary. The H5 energy of the northern stream also continues to trend stronger, at least on the gfs.

On the minus sidge, it appears, at least right now, that we aren't going to get much help or anything from the southern stream, the pattern is still progressive, and its THIS winter.

Expect nothing, but keep both eyes on it IMHO.

Well it's always good to hope for the best with this threat, as it is probably the last snow "threat" of the 2011-2012 winter before a prolonged and strong torch comes following this storm.

The GFS trending closer with producing something bigger at h5 at 18z, the ECMWF wasn't far off at all, and the GGEM produced a nice sized storm for the area.

One can only hope.

4 *3 is 12, and there are actually 20 individual members, so not sure what your point is. Look at the H5 maps on the wide panel and all 20 members and you can see what I am talking about.

Just illustrating your point -- the SLP maps were available for the limited members...but not for the zoomed in east-coast views for whatever reason.

Just illustrating your point -- the SLP maps were available for the limited members...but not for the zoomed in east-coast views for whatever reason.

woops, totally mis-interpreted that, me fail :( sorry my friend. I wish all 20 members had slp views.

woops, totally mis-interpreted that, me fail :( sorry my friend. I wish all 20 members had slp views.

notice p008 still showing the monster storm...it's also showing a huge storm in western canada which pumps up the ridge. the more amplified ensemble members have a stronger storm north of the international border post 100 hrs.

Archived