joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 23 Disorganized Mess

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just what I and all the ski areas were hoping for during vacation week. A fitting "F-you" to wrap up met winter.

Its a cluster, Bunch of weak waves riding the boundary with marginal airmass it will be rain/showers for the most part unless we can get one of these waves to amplify, Then the front comes thru on saturday with a low tracking up the St lawerence

Just what I and all the ski areas were hoping for during vacation week. A fitting "F-you" to wrap up met winter.

I dunno, 12z GFS is a nice light (1-4") snowfall for the ski areas on Thursday. Even 2-m temps are 32F or lower during this up this way, so even the valleys could pick up 1-3". Would be a nice refresher during the holiday week.

gfs_namer_096_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Given the performance of the GFS the past few days, I wouldn't place any bets on it. Sadly, even though it's run out to 384, it can't even forecast something in the D4-5 range. Talk about a waste of computing resources. Although I never trusted the GFS much to begin with, this past week was my final straw. Operational mets should ditch this model entirely IMO.

Given the performance of the GFS the past few days, I wouldn't place any bets on it. Sadly, even though it's run out to 384, it can't even forecast something in the D4-5 range. Talk about a waste of computing resources. Although I never trusted the GFS much to begin with, this past week was my final straw. Operational mets should ditch this model entirely IMO.

Kevin> AWT.> Kevin

:yikes::lol:

Great post Mitch..and one I wish more mets would follow. You 100% can have better forecasts, more accuracy and more crdibility if you completely ignored any GFS related output..GEFS, op runs, composites,analogs,,,MOS/MET..you get the picture.

Glad to see some folks are starting to get it

Great post Mitch..and one I wish more mets would follow. You 100% can have better forecasts, more accuracy and more crdibility if you completely ignored any GFS related output..GEFS, op runs, composites,analogs,,,MOS/MET..you get the picture.

lol

I was worried there for a little while a few days ago. I thought maybe you were caving to the GFS since it showed snow for you

Glad you are back to CT Torch

Archived