• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
2/19 East Coast Winter Storm Threat

OKpowdah

Just reading through a few of the AFD's from around the region...seems that Taunton is not really gun ho about a weekend system and Gray Maine keeps the idea on the table sort of...I am just as preplexed by all this model mania..Like WTF does it take to get some decent consensus about a possible MECS....Maybe it would a freaken MECS to come up and bite the guys on the ass at the WSFO's in Taunton and Gray to show more interest with the weekend event..pretty non chalant about the whole thing...Just what if the GFS from last night was right...sort of lame... Years ago...Walt Drag from BOX would have been all over this like a fly on a hamburger at a sunday picnic...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just reading through a few of the AFD's from around the region...seems that Taunton is not really gun ho about a weekend system and Gray Maine keeps the idea on the table sort of...I am just as preplexed by all this model mania..Like WTF does it take to get some decent consensus about a possible MECS....Maybe it would a freaken MECS to come up and bite the guys on the ass at the WSFO's in Taunton and Gray to show more interest with the weekend event..pretty non chalant about the whole thing...Just what if the GFS from last night was right...sort of lame... Years ago...Walt Drag from BOX would have been all over this like a fly on a hamburger at a sunday picnic...

Uh oh... snowNH has two accounts.

Why are we using the RUC for a storm 4 days out?

Thanks, looking it appears the Euro is considerably faster with the additional energy coming onshore in BC by morning. So in addition the Euro has less ridging between that feature and the one we're talking about...GFS closing off the contours and is also stronger beyond 30 or so hours. The Euro just kind of keeps an elongated less impressive system skirting along the northern states.

Euro is fastest with the energy into BC, NAM in the middle, than the GFS the slowest w the UK.

Won't be hard to see which camp is wrong if we don't already know.

potentially makes big differences downstream... RUC speed with BC energy is most consistent with Euro, less with GFS

Uh oh... snowNH has two accounts.

Lol.. no if I had another account I'd have a much cooler name than that. Like "CTDouche" "RainNH" or "Blizz is a fraud"

Why are hell are people even in this thread? It was clearly stated this morning that no one is "interested " yet this thread has like 100 users in it. You guys see one run of the GFS and now you guys are "interested".. all of that was B.S. everyone here is interested and was interested since Monday.

Three things:

1. Ryan said the word "amped" when refering to his personal state of being. This usually results in heavy snow spreading through the region.

2. The 12z euro ensembles will probably dictate this storms future in about 1 hour. If they aren't NW of the OP. Were f*****.

3. Doesn't it feel good to weenie out? God it was like the movie the Santa clause 2 when Tim Allen and that chick were at that school teacher Christmas party. Then all of a sudden the GFS brings a gift and were all acting lime giddy 5 yearolds.

Lol.. no if I had another account I'd have a much cooler name than that. Like "CTDouche" "RainNH" or "Blizz is a fraud"

Why are hell are people even in this thread? It was clearly stated this morning that no one is "interested " yet this thread has like 100 users in it. You guys see one run of the GFS and now you guys are "interested".. all of that was B.S. everyone here is interested and was interested since Monday.

Three things:

1. Ryan said the word "amped" when refering to his personal state of being. This usually results in heavy snow spreading through the region.

2. The 12z euro ensembles will probably dictate this storms future in about 1 hour. If they aren't NW of the OP. Were f*****.

3. Doesn't it feel good to weenie out? God it was like the movie the Santa clause 2 when Tim Allen and that chick were at that school teacher Christmas party. Then all of a sudden the GFS brings a gift and were all acting lime giddy 5 yearolds.

What a waste of 20% of your quota.

Three things:

who cares

this is all the HPC you need

N ASSOC WITH THE SYSTEM TRACKING FROM NEAR THE GULF COAST INTO

THE WRN ATLC DURING THE WEEKEND... BEST POTENTIAL FOR LOCALLY HVY

RNFL SHOULD BE FROM THE CNTRL GULF COAST/FL PANHANDLE NEWD.

FARTHER NWD THERE IS STILL SIGNIFICANT UNCERTAINTY WITH THE

COVERAGE/INTENSITY OF PCPN... AND ALSO PCPN TYPE FROM THE CNTRL

APLCHNS/NRN MID ATLC INTO SRN NEW ENGLAND. EVEN WITH A SRN TRACK

OF THE PRIMARY SFC LOW THE GRTLKS/NORTHEAST MAY SEE SOME SNOW

SAT-SUN DUE TO NRN STREAM ENERGY WHILE A SFC LOW TRACK ON THE

STG/NRN SIDE OF THE SPREAD WOULD LEAD TO HIGHEST SNOWFALL OVER

THIS REGION.

Three things:

There are some good reasons people are in here. Many different features on the table that may or may not produce.

just read through the MA thread, must have mentioned NE forum 10-12 times alone, trying to get a good read down there. was looking for Wes or somebody with good local knowledge, all I read was bashing.

I don't think it was bashing we were just stating that Tip and geography don't always go hand in hand. I did not see anyone bash NE, i did say our fights that we have are minor compared to yours. Most of us love you guys but get a little pissed when it shows you getting 2 feet of snow and us rain.

I don't think it was bashing we were just stating that Tip and geography don't always go hand in hand. I did not see anyone bash NE, i did say our fights that we have are minor compared to yours. Most of us love you guys but get a little pissed when it shows you getting 2 feet of snow and us rain.

I think its immature how some have directed anger at SNE individuals over such situations. It has happened many, many times over the years.

potentially makes big differences downstream... RUC speed with BC energy is most consistent with Euro, less with GFS

It makes all the difference but we should probably talk about how the 84 hour nam is trending vs what actually causes the speed differences right away.

The euro doesn't build weak ridging because it's slamming the next batch of energy into bc in the am. Gfs is slower allowing the other feature to amplify, slow and the rest is history

Simple really....or we can go back to complaining 24/7 like a bunch of high school chicks.

Archived