• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 16th-17th Potential Winter Storm

Powerball

Its really a shame the Arctic air this Winter doesn't hang around more than 24-36hrs, this system had potential. But as I said, I'm not fully writing it off until tomorrow when I see all the newest data. I know that holding out some hope usually doesn't work out in the end, as the writing is on the wall pretty much- but you never know.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continues to be major differences between Euro and GFS/NAM. Euro favoring a more phased scenario resulting in moderate snow accumulations across WI and North/Central MI.

00Z EURO:

MSN: 0.35

MOP: 0.30

APN: 0.53

TVC: 0.53

Since DVN is iffy:

THU 00Z 16-FEB   3.0	 1.4	1015	  90	  83	0.00	 553	 541	
THU 06Z 16-FEB   1.7	-0.9	1013	  99	 100	0.47	 550	 540	
THU 12Z 16-FEB   1.3	-2.8	1015	  90	  69	0.33	 547	 535 

Continues to be major differences between Euro and GFS/NAM. Euro favoring a more phased scenario resulting in moderate snow accumulations across WI and North/Central MI.

00Z EURO:

MSN: 0.35

MOP: 0.30

APN: 0.53

TVC: 0.53

Since DVN is iffy:

THU 00Z 16-FEB   3.0	 1.4	1015	  90	  83	0.00	 553	 541	
THU 06Z 16-FEB   1.7	-0.9	1013	  99	 100	0.47	 550	 540	
THU 12Z 16-FEB   1.3	-2.8	1015	  90	  69	0.33	 547	 535 

MKE snowfall map FTW..

0Z Euro actually looks pretty damn good for MKE..

I know you saw the wunderweenie snowfall map Wisconsinwx :lol:

A three hour snapshot of snowfall..

post-1662-0-46819800-1329200736.png

Actually no, but I've seen this movie before, a few weeks ago, when the Euro kept giving MKE about 0.5" QPF with that Friday storm that ended up shifting south and hitting Chicago pretty well while giving us a scant 2". Therefore, I will remain very cautious. Still, nice to know there is still a sliver of hope at least.

Of course, I had to make it my profile pic, though it is not very clear.

You must have talked some sense into Skilling. He didn't seem as excited about snow prospects for Chicago as I thought he might. Even his longer range RPM showed an all rain event for northern IL.

Yeah he kinda ticked me off tonight lol kept talking about the "south trend" and putting us more in the snow. But didn't mention that also meant weaker with no cold air to work with. The boundary layer looks too warm.

Yeah he kinda ticked me off tonight lol kept talking about the "south trend" and putting us more in the snow. But didn't mention that also meant weaker with no cold air to work with. The boundary layer looks too warm.

Man oh man your one lucky guy dude lol.. Enjoy and cherish your time with the man, the myth, the legend, himself :thumbsup:

Haha. Yeah neglecting why it's tracking further south is definitely not good. If there was enough residual cold air left around like a normal season that would be one thing. This season quality cold air is hard to come by when it comes to the southern stream systems.

EDIT: BTW, make sure to give him some **** (all in fun of course) Thursday afternoon when the whole area has been bathed in a cold rain all day.

Soon enough it will be over and this winter will always be in debate as one of the worst winters witnessed by us.

Alot remains to be seen what happens in Feb/Mar yet. I would say for many of us our good memories of winters past go to mid-1990s at least? You have winters like 1997-98 and 1999-00 that almost certainly will have seen less snowfall than this year. And for those that can remember further back, you have winters like 88-89, 82-83, 79-80, 68-69, 65-66, etc, which are no contest worse than this winter.

Alot remains to be seen what happens in Feb/Mar yet. I would say for many of us our good memories of winters past go to mid-1990s at least? You have winters like 1997-98 and 1999-00 that almost certainly will have seen less snowfall than this year. And for those that can remember further back, you have winters like 88-89, 82-83, 79-80, 68-69, 65-66, etc, which are no contest worse than this winter.

True, but some of those winters at least featured "shorts wx".

I was in South Bend in February '98 and remember roller-blading in sunny and 72 conditions.

Can't do that this year. Nope, as soon as it is acting like spring, some winter shows up, and vice-versa.

Neither of which is over-whelmingly noteworthy. (although Friday's event for us here in S. Mich was impressiv'e, especially by this season's std)

True, but some of those winters at least featured "shorts wx".

I was in South Bend in February '98 and remember roller-blading in sunny and 72 conditions.

Can't do that this year. Nope, as soon as it is acting like spring, some winter shows up, and vice-versa.

Neither of which is over-whelmingly noteworthy. (although Friday's event for us here in S. Mich was impressiv'e, especially by this season's std)

I would agree with you about 97-98. Yah it was bad but did have mild flavor that this winter has not had in southern MI. I remember several mild weather events we did outside.

Now 82-83 was much worse than this winter IMO through February. I hated that winter beyond belief. Sure this winter has been lackluster winter but it does not even hold a candle to how bad 82-83 was IMO.

Archived