• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Feb. 2-4 Potential Winter Storm

snowlover2

Copious amounts of snow - lol - not for 99% of this sub forum..

I was just saying for the storm overall, regardless of location.

For February, I think it will typical. Mother nature tries balance things out. I'll leave it at that!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just rewatched the 12z NAM and it is basically a carbon copy of the GFS and GEM. What the models this morning are doing is crashing the sub-zero 850mb temp line southward across Iowa just as the big surge of moisture arrives. Yesterday morning the models were surging the warm air up through the area leading to a bunch of rain. I can't remember the last time we had a big snowstorm(6-10+ inches) with heavy, wet snow. That is certainly what this would be.

getting forced ascent to cool the column nicely in that layer.

89c39ef42026cff4f7e6e191af3c8273.gif

I'd be liking central nebraska right now for a good snowfall, outside of there not real sure about. Some of the modeling looks good in Iowa- say the Northern third or so- perhaps just nosing into SW Wisconsin and NW Illinois and then it just dries up/falls apart. Problem is some of these models still also believe there is a deep snowpack in these areas too which causes the modeling to be anomalously colder than reality. Again, I cannot bite on any solution that says heavy snow North of I80 in Iowa at this point. Now if a good cold draw drops down for this to tap I might start changing my opinion. Dynamic cooling with this thing may not be present as it will be dampening out as it moves East or Northeast. I shouldn't say may not be present- more like won't be as strong or prevalent.

I'll just say it right now- I don't expect a big snow anywhere to the right of a Waterloo, Ia- Omaha, Ne- Dodge City Ks line. And perhaps that line lays out more from Waterloo Ia- Grand Island Ne too if its more of a straight W-E mover.

Somewhat OT, but it's def been a Denver winter, at least in terms of the contiguous 48 states. Is this winter storm #4 or #5 for them?

Karma working big time, Denver had an atrocious winter last year while we were all digging out.

Actually its felt like Denver weather here this past month, snow/cold - warm - snow/cold - warm.

Karma working big time, Denver had an atrocious winter last year while we were all digging out.

Actually its felt like Denver weather here this past month, snow/cold - warm - snow/cold - warm.

I agree about the karma thing, anyways you in Detroit aren't doing all that horrible this winter, sure you have below average snow but its not by much. You don't really complain about it though so more power to you I guess.

I agree about the karma thing, anyways you in Detroit aren't doing all that horrible this winter, sure you have below average snow but its not by much. You don't really complain about it though so more power to you I guess.

Our season total isnt horrible, but the lack of snowcover or any moderate snowfalls has really been a letdown. But yes, we could be doing a lot worse, as witnessed by many others in the midwest/northeast.

Somewhat OT, but it's def been a Denver winter, at least in terms of the contiguous 48 states. Is this winter storm #4 or #5 for them?

Not really...it has essentially been an average winter so far in Denver.

Dec. 2011: 3 degrees below normal

Jan. 2012: 5 degrees above normal

Season-to-date snowfall of 34", which is near normal.

Not really...it has essentially been an average winter so far in Denver.

Dec. 2011: 3 degrees below normal

Jan. 2012: 5 degrees above normal

Season-to-date snowfall of 34", which is near normal.

Anyone who's had an average winter should def feel like it's their winter, unless you live in Alaska, not to mention it looks like Denver will be above average in snowfall after this week.

Its the 84 hr. Nam and it also has a tendency of putting out ridiculous QPF #'s.. :rolleyes:

Besides I got better things to do than making lame jokes and bitter trolling around on a weather board ;)

Hope that Cheese n Beer Dinner was noicee!

Ok, steebers jr.

Nice of you to stop trolling my PM box on here now that you've realized I have been right almost every snow event and you have been rong.

That would be to easy of a win for me. Looks like you need an avatar so we could just do an avatar bet unless you really feel like losing 20 bucks.

This was really looking like a great shot for LAF up to Toronto :(

Alright avatar it is...

Middle-End of Feb will be rocking for LAF...

I still think this thing still has a few surprises up its sleeve as well..

That would be to easy of a win for me. Looks like you need an avatar so we could just do an avatar bet unless you really feel like losing 20 bucks.

This was really looking like a great shot for LAF up to Toronto :(

Oh brother :lmao: another avatar bet. :P Anyways, this storm would take a miracle to see a significant event this far north and east.

Archived