joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 2-4 Potential Winter Storm

snowlover2

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be an interesting storm to watch. The set-up smells of an icing event somewhere across the Midwest/Ohio Valley and into the Middle Atlantic.

Yesterday's GGEM was very favorable with sprawling strong surface high from the northern tier into southeast Canada. I've noticed that other runs have shown a weaker surface high.

Just rewatched the 12z NAM and it is basically a carbon copy of the GFS and GEM. What the models this morning are doing is crashing the sub-zero 850mb temp line southward across Iowa just as the big surge of moisture arrives. Yesterday morning the models were surging the warm air up through the area leading to a bunch of rain. I can't remember the last time we had a big snowstorm(6-10+ inches) with heavy, wet snow. That is certainly what this would be.

Interesting... 12z Gfs does show just about nothing in the way of precip...

Still something to watch closely.

No.. this was never a threat up here despite what the POS GFS was whipping out its pants. I see this as a pretty much meh-event for most east of the Mississippi. Hopefully the GFS is right in the long range and we torch almost the whole run with no snow instead of cold and no snow.

Archived